|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Blueberries," what bird's name is pronounced with the accent on the second syllable?
2. What was one of Frost's occupations?
(c) Cow hearder.
(d) News writer.
3. How many poems are in the group entitled "The Hill Wife?"
4. Frost contrasts the bent birches in "Birches" to what?
(a) The straight trees.
(b) The straight grass.
(c) The bent willow trees.
(d) The flowing wind.
5. What magazine did Louis Untermeyer co-found?
(a) The Seven Words.
(b) The Seven Arts.
(c) The Seven Senses.
(d) The Seven Lines.
6. Who is moving into the house in "The Investment?"
(a) A group of college students.
(b) A small family.
(c) An older couple.
(d) A young couple.
7. How many Pulitzer Prizes did Frost win?
8. In what year was Frost born?
9. "The Vindictives" is about which ancient location?
(a) Ancient Mexico.
(b) Ancient Rome.
(c) Ancient Peru.
(d) Ancient Greece.
10. "Home Burial" has the grave of a family's first child within view of what?
(a) The front door.
(b) A landing window.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The back porch.
11. In "The Tuft of Flowers," what animal does the man follow to the flowers?
12. In "The Gum-Gatherer" where does the narrator meet a man?
(a) A mountain path.
(b) A roadside.
(c) A car park.
(d) A grocery store.
13. Who owns the house where the man asks a question in "Love and a Question"?
(a) A newly widowed woman.
(b) An older couple.
(c) A newly married couple.
(d) A couple with their first child.
14. What perspective is "Ghost House" written in?
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
15. "The Vanishing Red" is about whom?
(a) A bookbinder.
(b) A miller.
(c) A showmaker.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wood Pile," what is winding around the wood pile?
2. How many couplets are in "The Tuft of Flowers"?
3. At the beginning of "Two Tramps in Mudtime," what is Frost doing outdoors?
4. Who is the narrator of "Mending Wall?"
5. What award did Frost win from the National Institute of Arts and Letters?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)