|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Frost first published?
2. What is the name for a person who uses a part to suggest the whole?
3. Frost returned to America after World War I to find that his books had been published by whom?
(a) Henry Hadkins.
(b) Henry Hallows.
(c) Henry Haris.
(d) Henry Holt.
4. At the beginning of "Love and a Question," what does the man coming out of the night ask for?
(d) A ride.
5. How many poems are in the group entitled "The Hill Wife?"
6. According to "Blueberries," what bird's name is pronounced with the accent on the second syllable?
7. Who owns the house where the man asks a question in "Love and a Question"?
(a) A newly widowed woman.
(b) A newly married couple.
(c) An older couple.
(d) A couple with their first child.
8. In "Brown's Descent" what do the village people use to follow the farmer's actions?
(a) His webcam.
(b) His lantern.
(c) His noises.
(d) His shadow.
9. In "The Lone Striker" why was Frost locked out of the mill?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He was out of uniform.
(c) He was in a fight.
(d) He was tardy.
10. In "The Tuft of Flowers," what animal does the man follow to the flowers?
11. The conclusion of "The Tuft of Flowers" is that men work together whether ________ or _________.
(a) They appreciate it or not.
(b) They are together or apart.
(c) They see it or believe it.
(d) They know it or not.
12. Frost contrasts the bent birches in "Birches" to what?
(a) The straight trees.
(b) The bent willow trees.
(c) The straight grass.
(d) The flowing wind.
13. What is described in the opening of "The Wood Pile" ?
(a) The woodshed.
(b) The trees.
(c) The woods.
(d) The wood pile.
14. How many Pulitzer Prizes did Frost win?
15. What was the name of Frost's first book of poetry?
(a) A Friend's Determination.
(b) A Man's Wants.
(c) A Boy's Will.
(d) A Child's Desires.
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem "Neglect" was a product of Frost's work at what academy?
2. According to "Paul's Wife," what was added to the item found in the log?
3. What city did Frost grow up in?
4. "Paul's Wife" is Frost's addition to what mythical American story?
5. What magazine did Louis Untermeyer co-found?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)