|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Frost's observation in "The Figure in the Doorway," where does the man have all that he needs?
(a) His large house.
(b) His van.
(c) His small cabin.
(d) His cliff-side retreat.
2. How many couplets are in "The Tuft of Flowers"?
3. "Home Burial" has the grave of a family's first child within view of what?
(a) A landing window.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The front door.
4. The poem "Neglect" was a product of Frost's work at what academy?
(a) Pallston Academy.
(b) Peweter Academy.
(c) Piston Academy.
(d) Pinkerton Academy.
5. How long is the road from the bottom of the mountain to the farm in "Brown's Descent"?
(a) One mile.
(b) One and a half miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Three miles.
6. What magazine did Louis Untermeyer co-found?
(a) The Seven Senses.
(b) The Seven Words.
(c) The Seven Lines.
(d) The Seven Arts.
7. Frost returned to America after World War I to find that his books had been published by whom?
(a) Henry Hadkins.
(b) Henry Holt.
(c) Henry Hallows.
(d) Henry Haris.
8. "The Vindictives" is about which ancient location?
(a) Ancient Rome.
(b) Ancient Greece.
(c) Ancient Mexico.
(d) Ancient Peru.
9. Who is the narrator of "Mending Wall?"
(a) The boy.
(b) The older speaker.
(c) The younger speaker.
(d) The girl.
10. The neighbor in "Mending Wall" says repeatedly that "good fences make __________."
(a) Good neighbors.
(b) Good animals.
(c) Good property.
(d) Good distances.
11. What is the poetic form of "Mowing"?
12. How old was Frost when his first professional poem was published?
13. In "To The Thawing Wind" what does Frost ask the wind to bring into his study?
(b) Fresh air.
(d) A breeze.
14. Where was the first farm that Frost bought?
(a) New Hampshire.
(c) New York.
(d) Rhode Island.
15. In "The Gum-Gatherer" where does the narrator meet a man?
(a) A car park.
(b) A roadside.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A mountain path.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the professor in "A Hundred Collars" described?
2. In "The Tuft of Flowers," what animal does the man follow to the flowers?
3. How many stanzas are in "Brown's Descent"?
4. How many poems are in the group entitled "The Hill Wife?"
5. According to Untermeyer, what does the poem "North of Boston" do?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)