|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Frost born?
(c) New York.
2. Which poem written by Gibson is quoted in the book?
(a) The Golden Hour.
(b) The Golden Meeting.
(c) The Golden Room.
(d) The Golden Minds.
3. Where was the first farm that Frost bought?
(a) New York.
(c) Rhode Island.
(d) New Hampshire.
4. Where was Frost first published?
5. Which poetic form describes Frost's "Paul's Wife"?
(a) Meteroligic verse.
(b) Iambic pentameter.
(d) Free verse.
6. What is the king of rides in "The Figure in the Doorway"?
(a) Train ride.
(b) Car ride.
(c) Airplane ride.
(d) Horse ride.
7. How long is the road from the bottom of the mountain to the farm in "Brown's Descent"?
(a) Three miles.
(b) One and a half miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Two miles.
8. "The Vanishing Red" is about whom?
(a) A miller.
(b) A showmaker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A bookbinder.
9. In "To The Thawing Wind" what does Frost ask the wind to bring into his study?
(b) Fresh air.
(c) A breeze.
10. Who owns the house where the man asks a question in "Love and a Question"?
(a) A newly widowed woman.
(b) A newly married couple.
(c) An older couple.
(d) A couple with their first child.
11. In "The Wood Pile," what is winding around the wood pile?
12. What was the name of Frost's first book of poetry?
(a) A Friend's Determination.
(b) A Boy's Will.
(c) A Man's Wants.
(d) A Child's Desires.
13. "Home Burial" has the grave of a family's first child within view of what?
(a) The back porch.
(b) A landing window.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The front door.
14. In "The Lone Striker" why was Frost locked out of the mill?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He was out of uniform.
(c) He was tardy.
(d) He was in a fight.
15. What is the name for a person who uses a part to suggest the whole?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "An Old Man's Winter Night," what does the moon leave on the snow that makes the man think that it is nicer than the sun?
2. According to the man in "Home Burial," what should be absent in a conversation between two people who really love each other?
3. The poem "Neglect" was a product of Frost's work at what academy?
4. "The Vindictives" is about which ancient location?
5. What award did Frost win from the National Institute of Arts and Letters?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)