|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Runaway and Other Animals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Patch of Old Snow," what is compared to the snow patch?
(a) A book.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A letter.
2. In "Blueberries," what does the Loren family do with the wild blueberries they pick?
(a) Eat them.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Can them.
(d) Cook them.
3. What do the birds in "Our Singing Strength" have to follow?
(a) A road.
(b) A stream.
(c) A wooded trail.
(d) A plane.
4. Which poem written by Gibson is quoted in the book?
(a) The Golden Room.
(b) The Golden Meeting.
(c) The Golden Minds.
(d) The Golden Hour.
5. What job did Frost's father hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Hundred Collars," who converses with the professor?
2. In "Brown's Descent" what do the village people use to follow the farmer's actions?
3. How much money did Frost receive for his first professional poem?
4. In "Tree at My Window," Frost compares the tossing of the tree in the wind to the tossing of the speaker's _______________.
5. In "The Wood Pile," what is winding around the wood pile?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)