|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Runaway and Other Animals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Tree at My Window," Frost compares the tossing of the tree in the wind to the tossing of the speaker's _______________.
(a) A pool.
2. In which line does "Hyla Brook" present its thesis?
3. Frost contrasts the bent birches in "Birches" to what?
(a) The straight trees.
(b) The bent willow trees.
(c) The straight grass.
(d) The flowing wind.
4. In what pattern are the rhymed stanzas in "The Investment"?
5. In "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight," what interacts with the sun to create life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the birds in "Our Singing Strength" have to follow?
2. The friends in "A Boundless Moment" think that the pale thing they saw in the distance is a flower until they remember that it is the month of ________________.
3. According to the man in "Home Burial," what should be absent in a conversation between two people who really love each other?
4. "The Vanishing Red" is about whom?
5. What award did Frost win from the National Institute of Arts and Letters?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)