|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Stopping By the Woods and Other Places.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frost points out in "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight," that the miracle of life and the miracle of ___________________ are still with humanity.
2. In "Spring Pools" what do the puddles sit under?
(b) Bare trees.
(d) Building porches.
3. What was the name of Frost's first book of poetry?
(a) A Boy's Will.
(b) A Friend's Determination.
(c) A Man's Wants.
(d) A Child's Desires.
4. In 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening," the man thinks his horse is confused at stopping when there is no what nearby?
5. What is the name for a person who uses a part to suggest the whole?
Short Answer Questions
1. "To A Young Wretch" is written from the perspective of a lover of what natural setting?
2. What weather phenomena does "Bereft" present?
3. In which line does "Hyla Brook" present its thesis?
4. In the poem "In a Disused Graveyard," why does Frost believe that the stones would believe him if he said men have stopped dying?
5. In "Mowing," what is Frost using to cut grass?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)