|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Hired Man and Other People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Home Burial" has the grave of a family's first child within view of what?
(a) The back porch.
(b) A landing window.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The front door.
2. What is described in the opening of "The Wood Pile" ?
(a) The woods.
(b) The trees.
(c) The wood pile.
(d) The woodshed.
3. According to "Blueberries," what bird's name is pronounced with the accent on the second syllable?
4. What award did Frost win from the National Institute of Arts and Letters?
(a) The Literary Master Award.
(b) The Platinum Book.
(c) The Lifetime Achievement Award.
(d) The Gold Medal.
5. Where was Frost born?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for a person who uses a part to suggest the whole?
2. According to "Paul's Wife," what was added to the item found in the log?
3. Who is moving into the house in "The Investment?"
4. What city did Frost grow up in?
5. "Paul's Wife" is Frost's addition to what mythical American story?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)