|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Hired Man and Other People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what pattern are the rhymed stanzas in "The Investment"?
2. Where was Frost born?
(c) New York.
3. What are the two men in "A Hundred Collars" going to share?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A boarding room.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A house.
4. In "Brown's Descent" what do the village people use to follow the farmer's actions?
(a) His shadow.
(b) His lantern.
(c) His webcam.
(d) His noises.
5. Which poem written by Gibson is quoted in the book?
(a) The Golden Hour.
(b) The Golden Meeting.
(c) The Golden Room.
(d) The Golden Minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Gum-Gatherer" where does the narrator meet a man?
2. According to the older man, what is at the top of the mountain in "The Mountain"?
3. How old was Frost when his first professional poem was published?
4. "Brown's Descent" has a second name. What is it?
5. How many Pulitzer Prizes did Frost win?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)