|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Hired Man and Other People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the professor in "A Hundred Collars" described?
(a) A man who doesn't care about his family.
(b) A man who seldom sees his family.
(c) A man who has no family.
(d) A man who has a large family.
2. What kind of tree does a man cut down for his family's Christmas in "To A Young Wretch"?
3. According to the man in "Home Burial," what should be absent in a conversation between two people who really love each other?
4. In "Two Tramps in MudTime," Frost reflects on how he loves that water collects in what way before the summer dries it up?
(c) Tree roots.
5. "The Vanishing Red" is about whom?
(a) A bookbinder.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A showmaker.
(d) A miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Frost first published?
2. "The Housekeeper" is a dialogue between an old woman and a neighbor who is looking for a man named __________.
3. In what year was Frost born?
4. At the beginning of "Two Tramps in Mudtime," what is Frost doing outdoors?
5. Which poem written by Gibson is quoted in the book?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)