|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Hired Man and Other People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Vanishing Red" is about whom?
(a) A showmaker.
(b) A bookbinder.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A miller.
2. What is the king of rides in "The Figure in the Doorway"?
(a) Car ride.
(b) Airplane ride.
(c) Train ride.
(d) Horse ride.
3. What kind of tree does a man cut down for his family's Christmas in "To A Young Wretch"?
4. What are the two men in "A Hundred Collars" going to share?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A boarding room.
(d) A house.
5. What job did Frost's father hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wood Pile," what is winding around the wood pile?
2. What is the name for a person who uses a part to suggest the whole?
3. Which poem written by Gibson is quoted in the book?
4. "Brown's Descent" has a second name. What is it?
5. According to the older man, what is at the top of the mountain in "The Mountain"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)