|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Introduction, and Chapter 2, The Code and Other Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Frost receive for his first professional poem?
2. Which poetic form describes Frost's "Paul's Wife"?
(a) Iambic pentameter.
(b) Free verse.
(d) Meteroligic verse.
3. Which poem written by Gibson is quoted in the book?
(a) The Golden Meeting.
(b) The Golden Minds.
(c) The Golden Room.
(d) The Golden Hour.
4. "Blueberries" deals with the life and economy of whom?
5. In "Blueberries," what does the Loren family do with the wild blueberries they pick?
(a) Cook them.
(b) Can them.
(c) Sell them.
(d) Eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frost returned to America after World War I to find that his books had been published by whom?
2. What city did Frost grow up in?
3. According to "Blueberries," what bird's name is pronounced with the accent on the second syllable?
4. "The Witch of Coos" is written from the perspective of whom?
5. "Snow" has what type of rhythm?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)