|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Country Things and Other Things.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the man in "The Tuft of Flowers" hold?
2. What do the singing birds want to come out of the ground in "Our Singing Strength"?
3. What award did Frost win from the National Institute of Arts and Letters?
(a) The Lifetime Achievement Award.
(b) The Gold Medal.
(c) The Platinum Book.
(d) The Literary Master Award.
4. According to the message of "The Oven Bird," for what kind of things does the bird offer advice?
5. In "Two Tramps in MudTime," Frost reflects on how he loves that water collects in what way before the summer dries it up?
(b) Tree roots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the fireflies want to be In "Fireflies in the Garden"?
2. The neighbor in "Mending Wall" says repeatedly that "good fences make __________."
3. What word means giving human characteristics to non-human things like animals and plants?
4. Frost says that the horse in "The Runaway" is shaking its coat like it is shaking off _________________.
5. In "An Old Man's Winter Night," what does the moon leave on the snow that makes the man think that it is nicer than the sun?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)