|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Hired Man and Other People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "Two Tramps in Mudtime," what is Frost doing outdoors?
(b) Picking berries.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Searching for herbs.
2. Where was Frost born?
(b) New York.
3. In "The Wood Pile," what is winding around the wood pile?
4. What is the king of rides in "The Figure in the Doorway"?
(a) Car ride.
(b) Train ride.
(c) Airplane ride.
(d) Horse ride.
5. What is the poetic form of "Mowing"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lone Striker" why was Frost locked out of the mill?
2. "The Housekeeper" is a dialogue between an old woman and a neighbor who is looking for a man named __________.
3. What is described in the opening of "The Wood Pile" ?
4. What award did Frost win from the National Institute of Arts and Letters?
5. The neighbor in "Mending Wall" says repeatedly that "good fences make __________."
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)