|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Hired Man and Other People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Frost's father hold?
2. Which poem written by Gibson is quoted in the book?
(a) The Golden Meeting.
(b) The Golden Minds.
(c) The Golden Room.
(d) The Golden Hour.
3. What kind of tree does a man cut down for his family's Christmas in "To A Young Wretch"?
4. "Paul's Wife" is Frost's addition to what mythical American story?
(a) Davy Crockett.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Blue Bess.
(d) Paul Bunyan.
5. In what year was Frost born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Brown's Descent" what do the village people use to follow the farmer's actions?
2. The poem "Neglect" was a product of Frost's work at what academy?
3. In "The Gum-Gatherer," Frost describes the gum as brown crystals that reveal _______ insides.
4. What is described in the opening of "The Wood Pile" ?
5. "The Witch of Coos" is written from the perspective of whom?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)