|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Runaway and Other Animals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather phenomena does "Bereft" present?
(a) The wind.
(b) The rain.
(c) The snow.
(d) The sun.
2. What do the singing birds want to come out of the ground in "Our Singing Strength"?
3. In "The Flower Boat." where do the unused fishing dories find themselves?
(a) In the junkyard.
(b) On lawns.
(c) In the landfill.
4. Frost's poems are said to have "catholic appeal." Which phrase is synonymous with "catholic appeal"?
(a) Natural appeal.
(b) Timeless appeal.
(c) Universal appeal.
(d) Individual appeal.
5. Who is the narrator of "Mending Wall?"
(a) The older speaker.
(b) The girl.
(c) The boy.
(d) The younger speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Gum-Gatherer," Frost describes the gum as brown crystals that reveal _______ insides.
2. "The Runaway" is about a young horse who is not used to snow in _______________.
3. In "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight," what interacts with the sun to create life?
4. The friends in "A Boundless Moment" think that the pale thing they saw in the distance is a flower until they remember that it is the month of ________________.
5. In which line does "Hyla Brook" present its thesis?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)