|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Runaway and Other Animals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Birches," Frost says that the ice on the trees looks like the dome of _________ has cracked.
(a) A cathedral.
(b) The sky.
2. What kind of poem is "Never Again Would Birds' Song Be the Same"?
3. According to the message of "The Oven Bird," for what kind of things does the bird offer advice?
4. In what pattern are the rhymed stanzas in "The Investment"?
5. In "A Hundred Collars," who converses with the professor?
(a) Newspaper collector.
(b) Newspaper editor.
(c) Newspaper writer.
(d) Newspaper seller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the king of rides in "The Figure in the Doorway"?
2. According to "Waspish," what does the wasp possess a lot of as it stretches?
3. What do the singing birds want to come out of the ground in "Our Singing Strength"?
4. How many sets of five lines are contained in "Bereft"?
5. In "The Gum-Gatherer," Frost describes the gum as brown crystals that reveal _______ insides.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)