|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phenomenology of Roundness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is forgotten by Milosz's cynical character?
(a) Recent happy times.
(c) Childhood memories.
2. Ultimately, as explained in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," what can be used to communicate with other souls?
(b) Poetry or daydreaming.
(d) Emerging from one's home to experience the world.
3. According to Bachelard's topoanalysis, what term can be used to describe city apartments?
(b) Superimposed cellars.
(c) Superimposed boxes.
4. Contrary to the intellectual philosopher, states Bachelard, a poet may use words in what way?
(a) To describe the origins of man.
(b) For sensitivity rather than precision.
(c) For rhythm and rhyme, rather than meaning.
(d) To create false illusions.
5. Who is able to state their view in a few words, expressing concise truth that may be proven subsequently?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which French scholar envisioned a fortress town based on the spiral design of shells?
2. What description does Bachelard give to Bergson's drawer metaphor?
3. Bachelard realized his acquired knowledge in science was inadequate to understand what?
4. In Rilke's round sky poem, what concept echoes Michelet?
5. Psychoanalysis of artwork is primarily an analysis of what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)