|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intimate Immensity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bachelard, what term can describe the emergence of being through poetry and contemplation of poetic immensity?
(d) Psychic transformation.
2. Rilke wrote that storms seem more aggressive and hostile where?
(a) In cities.
(b) In the summer.
(c) In the countryside.
(d) In the winter.
3. What is Bachelard's metaphor of the chrysalis?
(a) From the childhood chrysalis, the butterfly moves to a new house.
(b) From the cottage chrysalis, the winged manor flies.
(c) From the sturdy chrysalis, the delicate butterfly emerges.
(d) From the unnoticed chrysalis, the flamboyant butterfly flies.
4. In what way for Bachelard do fantasy images have some objectivity?
(a) From a sense of shared experience.
(b) From a belief in supernatural presences.
(c) From a sense of past lives.
(d) From a degree of shared phenomenological similarity.
5. Who often ignores the miniature worlds and objects in fairy tales in the author's opinion?
(b) Philosophers and psychologists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who imagined a snail rolling over and over to form its shell internally?
2. Why did Diole study and write about the desert?
3. Which is the best description of "La Redousse"?
4. Who lives in the new that guides the phenomenologist in Bachelard's opinion?
5. For the Ancients, the shell is a symbol of what?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)