|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intimate Immensity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are reverberations as defined by Bachelard?
(a) Externalities, that which we say.
(b) Internalities, that which we say.
(c) Internalities, that which we hear.
(d) Externalities, that which we hear.
2. Psychoanalysis of artwork is primarily an analysis of what?
(a) Market value of art.
(b) Mental stability.
(c) The personality of the artist.
(d) Isolated poetic images.
3. Who, according to Bachelard, sees everything as small from atop their towers of domination?
(c) World leaders.
4. How does Bachelard refer to words?
(a) Locked boxes filled with mysteries.
(b) Shells that conceal identies.
(c) Leaves in an endless forest.
(d) Little houses with their own sense of space.
5. According to Baltrusaitis, what can leap from a shell when reality is dismissed?
(a) A snail.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bachelin, which is the oldest season?
2. What is Bachelard's metaphor of the chrysalis?
3. Bachelard spent the majority of his career in what occupation?
4. What is unique about the nesting behavior of the cuckoo?
5. As understood by Bachelard, a house features which two seemingly conflicting dimensions?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)