|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Miniature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poets, states Bachelard, use words to bring together what two entities?
(a) Past and present.
(b) Earth and sky.
(c) Individual and universe.
(d) Inside and outside.
2. The author theorizes that an unhappy child will draw what sort of a house?
(a) A dream house.
(b) Happy, with doorknobs and chimney smoke.
(c) Small and dark.
(d) Cold, motionless, and rigid.
3. Bachelard proposes that a person's time, speech, and very being are affected by what?
4. Which professional professes to understand and interpret images?
5. Central to the argument in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," which statement is most indicative of cellar fears?
(a) Cellar fears precede mental illness.
(b) Cellar fears may be reasoned away.
(c) Cellar fears indicate childhood trauma.
(d) Cellar fears take longer to fade, and remain tentative and unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement does Bachelard determine is most indicative of attic fears?
2. Bergson called drawers concepts into which what is classified?
3. Egg, nest, house, country, and universe are images of what, in the opinion of Bachelard?
4. Who claimed that only the image can keep up with the changes of nature?
5. What is able to invent forms emerging from shells that are beyond scientific research according to Bachelard's theories based on the work of Baltrusaitis?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)