|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Bachelard, what do primal images of nests and shells offer to a person?
(a) They offer a cure for claustrophobia.
(b) They allow a person safe and pleasurable withdrawal into his corner.
(c) They suggest a return to the womb.
(d) They offer freedom to create poetry.
2. What is another word for ontology?
3. What can be said of a closed box, in the opinion of Bachelard?
(a) It has more to see and experience than an open chest.
(b) It represents forgotten memories.
(c) It represents the human need for secrecy and confinement.
(d) It inspires the poetic spirit.
4. Bachelard uses what to illustrate the reality of poetic imagery?
(c) The idea of a house.
(d) The idea of a painting.
5. What is a dream house for Bachelard?
(a) The largest house in the area.
(b) A house accessible only in dreams.
(c) A house that exists only in the poetic mind.
(d) A home one dreams of owning or a home one purchases and alters.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the author, what does a casket metaphorically provide?
2. What does a metaphor present?
3. What is anthropo-cosmology?
4. What are resonances as defined by Bachelard?
5. Bergson called drawers concepts into which what is classified?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)