|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bachelard theorizes that dreams of nests inspire what?
(a) A desire to have a home that opens to nature.
(b) Dreams of security.
(d) Fear of flying.
2. For Bachelard, what do primal images of nests and shells offer to a person?
(a) They suggest a return to the womb.
(b) They allow a person safe and pleasurable withdrawal into his corner.
(c) They offer a cure for claustrophobia.
(d) They offer freedom to create poetry.
3. According to Bachelin, which is the oldest season?
4. How does Bachelard say we experience a house buried in a blanket of snow in what way?
(a) As a warning of death.
(b) As a universal child from centuries earlier.
(c) As a butterfly in a chrysalis.
(d) As a baby in a cradle.
5. With what did Pasternak identify the nest?
(a) The world and its center.
(c) The childhood house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the best description of "La Redousse"?
2. How is a cathedral similar to a snail shell in the opinion of Bachelard?
3. For Bachelard, breaking from the principles of scientific prudence is necessary in order to do what?
4. The painter, Vlaminck, compared the contentment of humans to what?
5. Topo-analysis is useful for studying what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)