|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who noted that inside seems cozier when the outside weather is severe?
2. As explained in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," what is the main benefit of a house?
(a) To create cities.
(b) To protect property.
(c) To shelter daydreaming.
(d) To define boundaries.
3. Topo-analysis is useful for studying what?
(a) Isolated poetic images.
(b) The structure of a house.
(c) The structure of a poem.
4. Poetic imagery is real, according to Bachelard, even though it is not subject to what?
(a) Rules of logic.
(b) Rules of grammar.
(c) Rules of the marketplace.
(d) Rules of household order.
5. What does a metaphor present?
(a) An intangible object described in full detail.
(b) A tangible object as an intangible notion that is otherwise difficult to express.
(c) A tangible object described in full detail.
(d) An intangible object as a tangible notion that is otherwise difficult to express.
Short Answer Questions
1. When memories reside in parts of a house, which of the following is true in the author's opinion?
2. As understood by Bachelard, a house features which two seemingly conflicting dimensions?
3. Which is the best description of "La Redousse"?
4. A home of other days is an example of what for Bachelard?
5. As explained by the author in "Drawers, Chests and Wardrobes," what value does an image have that a metaphor does not?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)