|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bosco transform Bergson's drawer metaphor?
(a) He claimed that the brain is not a filing cabinet, but the filing cabinet is a brain.
(b) He claimed that the brain is not a filing cabinet but an unstructured jumble of information.
(c) He claimed that the brain's filing cabinet is used only to file away memories that will be forgotton.
(d) He claimed that the brain is more like a wardrobe with secret space.
2. What does Bachelard believe is an antidote for claustrophobia?
(a) Light colors.
(b) Spending time away from one's house.
(d) Dynamic houses that open back out to the universe.
3. Egg, nest, house, country, and universe are images of what, in the opinion of Bachelard?
(a) The universe.
(b) Poetic fancy.
(c) Wonders of nature.
(d) The inhabiting function.
4. Victor Hugo's literary character, Quasimodo, described what as "egg, nest, house, country and universe"?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(b) Notre Dame Cathedral.
(c) Canterbury Cathedral.
(d) Aachen Cathedral.
5. Rilke wrote that storms seem more aggressive and hostile where?
(a) In the summer.
(b) In the winter.
(c) In cities.
(d) In the countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. The works of Henri Bosco feature what areas, featuring connected passages with the possibility of escape?
2. What is Bachelard's metaphor of the chrysalis?
3. As explained by the author in "Drawers, Chests and Wardrobes," what value does an image have that a metaphor does not?
4. A phenomenologist considers what regarding a house?
5. What is a center of order in a house, according to Bachelard?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)