|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Drawers, Chests and Wardrobes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which level of a house is protected with strong beams and rafters, and, states the author, has darkness that disappears in daylight?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The main living area.
(c) The attic.
(d) Every level.
2. Which professional professes to understand and interpret images?
3. Due to the intimacy of cherished objects, states Bachelard, housework can become what sort of activity?
4. Bachelard wishes to distinguish between metaphor and what?
(c) The spoken word.
5. Bachelard spent the majority of his career in what occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bachelard realized his acquired knowledge in science was inadequate to understand what?
2. The works of Henri Bosco feature what areas, featuring connected passages with the possibility of escape?
3. As explained in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," what is the main benefit of a house?
4. Which statement does Bachelard determine is most indicative of attic fears?
5. In the works of Edgar Allan Poe, murder and mayhem usually occur where?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)