|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Drawers, Chests and Wardrobes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When should metaphor be used, in Bachelard's opinion?
(a) Frequently, to stimulate creativity.
(b) Frequently, to add color and variety to expression.
(c) Rarely, only when words are inadequate.
(d) Rarely, only to add complexity to a poem.
2. What are resonances as defined by Bachelard?
(a) Externalities, that which we say.
(b) Internalities, that which we hear.
(c) Internalities, that which we say.
(d) Externalities, that which we hear.
3. What is the ability to imagine?
(a) A waste of the intelligent mind.
(b) A method of filling gaps in scientific understanding.
(c) A symptom of mental illness.
(d) A major power of human nature.
4. As understood by Bachelard, a house features which two seemingly conflicting dimensions?
(a) Height and width.
(b) Unity and complexity.
(c) House and home.
(d) Poetry and science.
5. Psychoanalysis of artwork is primarily an analysis of what?
(a) The personality of the artist.
(b) Mental stability.
(c) Isolated poetic images.
(d) Market value of art.
Short Answer Questions
1. A poetic image is independent of what according to Bachelard?
2. Topo-analysis is useful for studying what?
3. The works of Henri Bosco feature what areas, featuring connected passages with the possibility of escape?
4. What does Bachelard identify as the fatal flaw of locked boxes?
5. Why does Bachelard disagree with Bergson's metaphor of drawers to describe the human brain?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)