|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through House and Universe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the best description of "La Redousse"?
(a) A massive house, well fortified and on a hillside above the city.
(b) A humble house with no apparent resistance on a hillside above the city.
(c) A humble house with no apparent resistance set alone on an island.
(d) A massive house, well fortified and set alone on an island.
2. According to Bachelin, which is the oldest season?
3. Who wrote of "La Redousse"?
4. When is the value of a house as intimate shelter most evident, according to Bachelard?
(a) When it is vacant.
(b) When a new family moves in.
(c) When it is immortalized by a poet.
(d) When it is assailed by elements of nature.
5. Bachelard's topoanalysis considers houses with at most how many levels?
(a) Two, including cellar and attic.
(b) Three, including cellar and attic.
(c) Four, excluding cellar and attic.
(d) Four, including cellar and attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Memories and images of previous dwelling places converge where according to the author?
2. What is a commitment of the soul according to the author?
3. Bachelard realized his acquired knowledge in science was inadequate to understand what?
4. Topo-analysis is useful for studying what?
5. What is anthropo-cosmology?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)