|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The House, from Cellar to Garret, The Significance of the Hut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many houses are structured in levels, as described in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .,"appealing to what sense?
(a) The sense of being closer to God.
(b) The sense of vertical rising.
(c) The sense of escape.
(d) The sense of superiority.
2. Psychoanalysis of artwork is primarily an analysis of what?
(a) Market value of art.
(b) Isolated poetic images.
(c) Mental stability.
(d) The personality of the artist.
3. What are resonances as defined by Bachelard?
(a) Internalities, that which we hear.
(b) Externalities, that which we say.
(c) Internalities, that which we say.
(d) Externalities, that which we hear.
4. Which is the least significant element in the composition of a poem in Bachelard's opinion?
(b) The isolated poetic image.
(d) Overall structure.
5. Which professional professes to understand and interpret images?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bachelard's topoanalysis, what term can be used to describe city apartments?
2. The philosopher Minkowski conducted an analysis of what?
3. As explained in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," what is the main benefit of a house?
4. What is a primal image symbolic of a man keeping vigil according to Bachelard?
5. What is the ability to imagine?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)