|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The House, from Cellar to Garret, The Significance of the Hut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement does Bachelard determine is most indicative of attic fears?
(a) Attic fears may be reasoned away.
(b) Attic fears indicate spiritual unrest.
(c) Attic fears take longer fade, and remain tentative and unknown.
(d) Attic fears indicate childhood trauma.
2. Poetry stimulates what sort of response in the reader in the opinion of Bachelard?
(a) A forgotten image.
(b) Appreciation for rhymes.
(c) Fear of isolation.
(d) Rhythmic thoughts.
3. Which professional professes to understand and interpret images?
4. According to Bachelard, which level of a house is always dark and shadowy, like the unconscious?
(a) The attic.
(b) Every level.
(c) The sleeping level.
(d) The cellar.
5. Psychoanalysis of artwork is primarily an analysis of what?
(a) Isolated poetic images.
(b) The personality of the artist.
(c) Market value of art.
(d) Mental stability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word for ontology?
2. Bachelard uses what to illustrate the reality of poetic imagery?
3. As understood by Bachelard, a house features which two seemingly conflicting dimensions?
4. Many houses are structured in levels, as described in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .,"appealing to what sense?
5. A phenomenologist considers what regarding a house?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)