|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The House, from Cellar to Garret, The Significance of the Hut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The works of Henri Bosco feature what areas, featuring connected passages with the possibility of escape?
2. What is a commitment of the soul according to the author?
3. Ultimately, as explained in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," what can be used to communicate with other souls?
(b) Emerging from one's home to experience the world.
(d) Poetry or daydreaming.
4. Childhood is held motionless, states Bachelard, by dreaming of what?
(a) The phenomenology of motherhood.
(b) The house where one was born.
(c) Stick-figure drawings.
(d) Nursery rhymes.
5. Which professional professes to understand and interpret images?
Short Answer Questions
1. Many houses are structured in levels, as described in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .,"appealing to what sense?
2. A phenomenologist considers what regarding a house?
3. Which level of a house is protected with strong beams and rafters, and, states the author, has darkness that disappears in daylight?
4. When memories reside in parts of a house, which of the following is true in the author's opinion?
5. Poetry stimulates what sort of response in the reader in the opinion of Bachelard?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)