|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The House, from Cellar to Garret, The Significance of the Hut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a primal image symbolic of a man keeping vigil according to Bachelard?
(a) A childhood home.
(b) A hermit's hut.
(c) A man dreaming of poetic imagery.
(d) A vacant house.
2. Which professional professes to understand and interpret images?
3. As explained in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," what is the main benefit of a house?
(a) To protect property.
(b) To shelter daydreaming.
(c) To create cities.
(d) To define boundaries.
4. A poetic image is independent of what according to Bachelard?
5. Ultimately, as explained in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," what can be used to communicate with other souls?
(a) Poetry or daydreaming.
(c) Emerging from one's home to experience the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many houses are structured in levels, as described in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .,"appealing to what sense?
2. What is the ability to imagine?
3. Bachelard realized his acquired knowledge in science was inadequate to understand what?
4. According to Bachelard's topoanalysis, what term can be used to describe city apartments?
5. What are reverberations as defined by Bachelard?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)