|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dialectics of Outside and Inside.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a commitment of the soul according to the author?
2. What are reverberations as defined by Bachelard?
(a) Internalities, that which we say.
(b) Externalities, that which we say.
(c) Externalities, that which we hear.
(d) Internalities, that which we hear.
3. What, in the opinion of Bachelard, moves the dreamer into the world of infinity?
4. Who claimed that only the image can keep up with the changes of nature?
5. Ammonite shells spiral around what sort of axis?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in the new that guides the phenomenologist in Bachelard's opinion?
2. Bachelard realized his acquired knowledge in science was inadequate to understand what?
3. How is a nest connected to the foliage of the forest according to the author?
4. As explained in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," what is the main benefit of a house?
5. Why is a door ajar a quandary according to the author's perspective?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)