|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dialectics of Outside and Inside.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do poets create, according to Bachelard, to transcend conflicted night dreams?
(a) New memories.
(b) Poetic daydreams.
(c) New resolutions to nightmares.
(d) Poetic descriptions of the night.
2. Bachelard's topoanalysis considers houses with at most how many levels?
(a) Four, excluding cellar and attic.
(b) Two, including cellar and attic.
(c) Four, including cellar and attic.
(d) Three, including cellar and attic.
3. According to Baltrusaitis, what can leap from a shell when reality is dismissed?
(a) A snail.
(b) A dog.
(d) A cat.
4. A corner is a half-box between what two entities as described by Bachelard?
(a) Flat and three-dimensional.
(b) Inside and outside.
(c) Vertical and horizontal.
(d) Freedom and entrapment.
5. Who, according to Bachelard, is able to enter the hidden space of the extreme?
(a) The psychoanalyst.
(b) The architect.
(c) The poet.
(d) The scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the best description of Diole?
2. Bergson called drawers concepts into which what is classified?
3. The author believes that a well-drawn representation of a house inspires observers to do what?
4. What are resonances as defined by Bachelard?
5. What, in the opinion of Bachelard, moves the dreamer into the world of infinity?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)