|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dialectics of Outside and Inside.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bachelard proposes that a person's time, speech, and very being are affected by what?
2. What is the term for the fear of open space?
3. What does Bachelard believe is an antidote for claustrophobia?
(a) Dynamic houses that open back out to the universe.
(b) Light colors.
(d) Spending time away from one's house.
4. In many countries, insists the author, tiny-ness is the center of what?
(a) A return to childhood.
(b) An invitation to daydream.
(d) Decision over the great.
5. According to Bachelard's topoanalysis, what term can be used to describe city apartments?
(c) Superimposed cellars.
(d) Superimposed boxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bachelard explains that the relationship between a small box and a person's psychology of secrecy is known as what?
2. What is the eighteenth-century theory that states the purpose of life is to make shells?
3. Childhood is held motionless, states Bachelard, by dreaming of what?
4. Who imagined a bird turning round to form its nest externally with its breast?
5. Sartre was struck by what realization of Hughes's literary character, Emily?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)