|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Drawers, Chests and Wardrobes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bachelard wrote of the menagerie of what?
(a) The storm cloud.
(b) Human existence.
(c) Animal life.
(d) The hurricane.
2. Which statement does Bachelard determine is most indicative of attic fears?
(a) Attic fears indicate spiritual unrest.
(b) Attic fears indicate childhood trauma.
(c) Attic fears may be reasoned away.
(d) Attic fears take longer fade, and remain tentative and unknown.
3. Which professional professes to understand and interpret images?
4. Bachelard spent the majority of his career in what occupation?
5. Bergson called drawers concepts into which what is classified?
(a) Knowledge or thinking.
(b) Psychological development.
Short Answer Questions
1. When should metaphor be used, in Bachelard's opinion?
2. What are resonances as defined by Bachelard?
3. Which is the best description of "La Redousse"?
4. Topo-analysis is useful for studying what?
5. For Bachelard, why is the inner space of a wardrobe an intimate space?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)