|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Corners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bachelin, which is the oldest season?
2. The cynical character created by the poet Milosz reminisces where?
(a) In a boat.
(b) In church.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In his palace.
3. The objectivity of a house, states Bachelard, is separate from what?
(a) The objects it contains.
(b) Its decor.
(c) Subjective feelings and dreams.
(d) Subjective matters of taste and style.
4. Who noted that inside seems cozier when the outside weather is severe?
5. Bachelard, expanding on the work of Rilke, proposes that a box top, like the cover of a pot, may do what?
(a) Lead to future discovery.
(b) Create deceptions.
(c) Maintain secrecy.
(d) Make the world get along better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bachelard believes that philosophers are condemned by their equals to live on which floor of a house, metaphorically speaking?
2. How does Bachelard say we experience a house buried in a blanket of snow in what way?
3. In the work of Milosz, how did he indicate that corners are not always safe?
4. What description does Bachelard give to Bergson's drawer metaphor?
5. Ultimately, as explained in "The House, from Cellar to Garret . . .," what can be used to communicate with other souls?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)