|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intimate Immensity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, the cuckoo can be compared with which water creature?
(a) The shellfish.
(b) The hermit crab.
(c) The mollusk.
(d) The pea-crab.
2. Why did Diole study and write about the desert?
(a) To get lost in the desert is to experience the loss of childhood memories.
(b) To get lost in the desert is to be a snail out of its shell.
(c) To wander in the desert is to change space and enter a psychically innovative one.
(d) To wander in the desert is to experience the poetic imagery of life.
3. According to Bachelard, what term can describe the emergence of being through poetry and contemplation of poetic immensity?
(b) Psychic transformation.
4. The author proposes that loving the space in a house that opens to anywhere is an example of what?
(a) Objective irony.
(b) Poetic irony.
(c) Desire to move to a new house.
5. Who noted that inside seems cozier when the outside weather is severe?
Short Answer Questions
1. The objectivity of a house, states Bachelard, is separate from what?
2. Bachelard prefers to use the term "vast" to describe what?
3. Rilke wrote that storms seem more aggressive and hostile where?
4. As theorized by the author, forests come from a past, but what forms of vegetation are in the present?
5. What is able to invent forms emerging from shells that are beyond scientific research according to Bachelard's theories based on the work of Baltrusaitis?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)