|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intimate Immensity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bachelard believe is an antidote for claustrophobia?
(b) Spending time away from one's house.
(c) Dynamic houses that open back out to the universe.
(d) Light colors.
2. When a phenomenologist observes an extravagant daydream, what does the psychoanalyst see?
(a) Sexually-obsessed behavior.
(c) Oneiric behavior.
3. Due to the intimacy of cherished objects, states Bachelard, housework can become what sort of activity?
4. The author believes that a well-drawn representation of a house inspires observers to do what?
(a) Daydream or contemplate.
(b) Build a dream house.
(c) Cherish their own homes.
(d) Yearn for the childhood house.
5. According to the author, the cuckoo can be compared with which water creature?
(a) The pea-crab.
(b) The shellfish.
(c) The hermit crab.
(d) The mollusk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bachelard's metaphor of the chrysalis?
2. Bachelard wrote of the menagerie of what?
3. When is the value of a house as intimate shelter most evident, according to Bachelard?
4. What is the paradox of an old forest, as explained by the author?
5. The author theorizes that an unhappy child will draw what sort of a house?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)