|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack confronts Rachel about which of the following?
2. What word can be used to best describe Gladden's most recent post on the network?
3. The FBI will move its investigative center to which city?
4. The presence of more than one of those things helps to rule out:
5. What do the other agents say when the theory is approached?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis of the discussion between Jack and Rachel at this point?
2. What is Gladden's plan for finding a place to hide out? What action does the plan require?
3. What are the pros and cons of Jack working alongside Rachel?
4. What information is uncovered when Rachel and Jack go to Phoenix? Why is it obvious that the latest victim did not commit suicide?
5. After Jack learns that Rachel is gone, he devises a way to find her. What does Jack do to gain information?
6. What are Jack's immediate suspicions regarding the source of the story? What is learned about the reporter?
7. What does Jack learn about Gladden? What is the possible connection to the first victim?
8. Rachel makes an admission to Jack that angers him even more. What is the omission and why is it important?
9. What is the general consensus in regards to the Poe/Poet connection?
10. What does Jack do with the phone numbers? What information does he find? What does Jack do next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Jack's first clue that the police suicides were connected? What type of investigation was started by Jack? What caused him to start a nationwide search? Where did the investigation lead? What were the most important things learned by Jack and the FBI?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jack and Sean McEvoy. How were the twins alike? In what ways were they the most different? Did the brothers have any special bond? Explain. Also discuss common facts and myths related to identical twins.
Essay Topic 3
The cops in the CAPs Unit were not willing to cooperate with Jack at first. Why? Which cop gave Jack the hardest time? Which cop was most helpful? What did Sean's co-workers think about Sean's death? Did any of the cops share Jack's opinions on the case? Explain.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)