|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items were taken from Jack's hotel room?
2. Who was responsible for the newspaper story?
3. What item had Jack left behind?
4. Gomble was formerly a member of which prestigious organization?
5. Where do Jack and Rachel go the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack go to Quantico? Who does Jack meet? What is the general feeling of the meeting? How does Jack react?
2. What does Jack learn about Gladden? What is the possible connection to the first victim?
3. What do Backus, Jack and the agents discuss at the meeting? What vital piece of information is uncovered?
4. What does Jack propose to Backus? What is the final decision on Jack's involvement in the case?
5. How had the sixth case stumped Jack? Why was the murder in Florida different from all the others?
6. Who had contacted Rachel about Jack's meeting with Warren? What was Warren doing at the time?
7. What news does Rachel receive from Thorson the next morning? What is the reaction of Jack, Rachel, and Glenn?
8. What happens when Jack arrives at the LAPD?
9. What does Jack do with the phone numbers? What information does he find? What does Jack do next?
10. What is the general consensus in regards to the Poe/Poet connection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Jack's first clue that the police suicides were connected? What type of investigation was started by Jack? What caused him to start a nationwide search? Where did the investigation lead? What were the most important things learned by Jack and the FBI?
Essay Topic 2
How might the investigation have changed if Glenn had assigned the story of Sean's murder to Jack? Why did Glenn choose not to assign the story to Jack? Was it a wise move? Which of the reporters took over the story? Would the focus have remained the same if Jack had been the one writing it? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rachel Walling's personal and professional lives. What prompted Walling to go into law enforcement? What other family members were involved in the profession? What tragedy happened when Walling was a child? What branch of law enforcement was Walling's first choice? Discuss Walling's tenure at the FBI and how it also affected her personal life.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)