|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is linked to the prison cell?
2. What is the name of the victim found in Phoenix?
3. Where was the item found?
4. Which of the following is not informed of the story before it hits the general population?
5. Gladden reveals important information about himself in this section. The reader learns that Gladden has been:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had contacted Rachel about Jack's meeting with Warren? What was Warren doing at the time?
2. The Poet continues to use obscure quotes to taunt the agents. Discuss the Poet's reference to the rental car.
3. Rachel makes an admission to Jack that angers him even more. What is the omission and why is it important?
4. What does Jack learn about Gladden? What is the possible connection to the first victim?
5. What news does Rachel receive from Thorson the next morning? What is the reaction of Jack, Rachel, and Glenn?
6. What does Jack propose to Backus? What is the final decision on Jack's involvement in the case?
7. Why does Jack go to Quantico? Who does Jack meet? What is the general feeling of the meeting? How does Jack react?
8. What happens when Warren was confronted by Walling and Ford? What is the point of the meeting? What is the result of the confrontation?
9. What is Gladden's plan for finding a place to hide out? What action does the plan require?
10. What does Jack do with the phone numbers? What information does he find? What does Jack do next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would the story have had a different impact if the killer had used quotes from another poet? What other kinds of clues might the killer decide to leave at the scene of the crime? Discuss well known cases in which the killer left obvious or cryptic clues. Were the clues ever deciphered? Did the clues help to solve the case?
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail the death of Sarah McEvoy. What happened to Sarah? Whose fault was it? Who took full responsibility for the girl's death? Could Sarah's death be prevented? Explain. How did Jack and Sean react to the death? What major changes occurred in the family after the accident? How did Sarah's death have long term effects on the family?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Jack's relationship with the FBI. How did the members of the FBI team react to Jack's input? Which member of the team was most resistant to working with Jack? Who was the most cooperative? Do you think Jack's interaction with the agents was logical and reasonable or irrational?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)