|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes furious with Jack after learning about the news story?
2. Jack learns that _____ has been taken off the suspect list.
3. Which Poe work does the killer leave at the Phoenix scene?
4. Jack must fly to _____ immediately after learning about the story.
5. Who was responsible for the newspaper story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack learn about Gladden? What is the possible connection to the first victim?
2. What happens when Warren was confronted by Walling and Ford? What is the point of the meeting? What is the result of the confrontation?
3. How does Jack know Rachel is bluffing when she attempts to arrest him for theft?
4. How had the sixth case stumped Jack? Why was the murder in Florida different from all the others?
5. What is learned about Gladden through his attorney? How does Thorson react? What is the result of the confrontation?
6. What does Jack do with the phone numbers? What information does he find? What does Jack do next?
7. What is the general consensus in regards to the Poe/Poet connection?
8. What happens when Jack arrives at the LAPD?
9. What are Jack's immediate suspicions regarding the source of the story? What is learned about the reporter?
10. What information is uncovered when Rachel and Jack go to Phoenix? Why is it obvious that the latest victim did not commit suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the use of the Theresa Lofton case. Why was the case so important? What about the case captured the eye of the CAPs unit? What was Sean's opinion of the case? What was unusual about the girl's death? How did the case affect Sean? Did the case have anything to do with Sean's death? Explain. What was the final resolution regarding the case?
Essay Topic 2
One of the early suspects in the Poet case is Gladden. Discuss Gladden's involvement in the case. Why was Gladden a suspect? Was Gladden found guilty? What crimes did Gladden commit? How were the crimes uncovered? Who did the crimes involve? Who knew about Gladden's illegal activities? How did the police uncover Gladden's sickness?
Essay Topic 3
How might the investigation have changed if Glenn had assigned the story of Sean's murder to Jack? Why did Glenn choose not to assign the story to Jack? Was it a wise move? Which of the reporters took over the story? Would the focus have remained the same if Jack had been the one writing it? Explain.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)