|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To date how many cases fit perfectly into Jack's investigation?
2. How old was Lofton when she was murdered?
3. To whom does Gladden apologize?
4. What is the name of the newspaper that employs Jack?
5. The brothers discuss the disturbing concept known as:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the park ranger help the case? What does he do? How does the information help Jack?
2. What are the first suspicions that Jack has about the case? Do Wexler and St. Louis confirm Jack's theory?
3. Discuss Jack's trip to Chicago. Why is Chicago special to Jack? Why has Jack flown to the Windy City?
4. What was the interaction between Sean and the media at that time?
5. Describe the meeting between Jack and Washington. What is the purpose of the meeting?
6. What is the name of the lead investigator on the Smathers case? Where does the man work?
7. Jack is able to make a tenuous connection to Warren. What is the connection?
8. What happened after the case had been pursued doggedly for two weeks?
9. What happens when Washington finally gets in touch with Wexler? What is Wexler's reaction?
10. Chapter 13 begins with Gladden connecting to the PTL club network. What message does Gladden receive? What message does he post in return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail the death of Sarah McEvoy. What happened to Sarah? Whose fault was it? Who took full responsibility for the girl's death? Could Sarah's death be prevented? Explain. How did Jack and Sean react to the death? What major changes occurred in the family after the accident? How did Sarah's death have long term effects on the family?
Essay Topic 2
Sean McEvoy was a well respected cop that transferred into the CAPs Unit. Considering that McEvoy was at least 10 years younger than many of his subordinates, how do you think the men regarded him as a leader? Did McEvoy command and receive respect? What might a cop like Sean have to do to prove himself in that type of situation?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Jack's relationship with the FBI. How did the members of the FBI team react to Jack's input? Which member of the team was most resistant to working with Jack? Who was the most cooperative? Do you think Jack's interaction with the agents was logical and reasonable or irrational?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)