|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gomble was formerly a member of which prestigious organization?
2. What link seems to be missing from the case?
(c) Police reports.
(d) Murder weapon.
3. Jack tells Rachel about the case involving which cop?
4. Where do Jack and Rachel go the next morning?
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Who seems to be the most upset about Rachel's budding personal attachment to Jack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack suspect of selling him out?
2. Gladden waits around for the delivery of which item?
3. The first people interviewed about the homicide are:
4. Gladden reveals important information about himself in this section. The reader learns that Gladden has been:
5. Gomble was sent to which prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the information received by Jack regarding Horace Gomble. What is a possible connection between Gomble and the Poet?
2. Rachel makes an admission to Jack that angers him even more. What is the omission and why is it important?
3. What are the pros and cons of Jack working alongside Rachel?
4. What does Jack do with the phone numbers? What information does he find? What does Jack do next?
5. What do Backus, Jack and the agents discuss at the meeting? What vital piece of information is uncovered?
6. What is learned about Gladden through his attorney? How does Thorson react? What is the result of the confrontation?
7. What is the general consensus in regards to the Poe/Poet connection?
8. What are Jack's immediate suspicions regarding the source of the story? What is learned about the reporter?
9. Discuss the scene between Walling and the two brothers. What information is gained? What item is recovered?
10. Why does Jack go to Quantico? Who does Jack meet? What is the general feeling of the meeting? How does Jack react?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)