|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is a questionable issue between Rachel and Jack?
2. Which of the following is not informed of the story before it hits the general population?
(c) Jack's parents.
(d) St. Louis.
3. What item is recovered from the people because of the interview?
(c) Woman's purse.
(d) Car stereo.
4. Where do Thorson and Jack go to retrieve Gladden's camera?
(a) Santa Monica.
5. What was the name of the cop's partner?
(d) Jim McEvoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack learns that _____ has been taken off the suspect list.
2. Gomble was sent to which prison?
3. What link seems to be missing from the case?
4. What was the surname of the officer believed to be the first victim?
5. Jack could not connect the Poet to the killing in which state?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Poet continues to use obscure quotes to taunt the agents. Discuss the Poet's reference to the rental car.
2. What do Backus, Jack and the agents discuss at the meeting? What vital piece of information is uncovered?
3. After Jack learns that Rachel is gone, he devises a way to find her. What does Jack do to gain information?
4. Discuss the information received by Jack regarding Horace Gomble. What is a possible connection between Gomble and the Poet?
5. Why does Jack go to Quantico? Who does Jack meet? What is the general feeling of the meeting? How does Jack react?
6. How does Detective Thomas fit into the story? What is the link to Gladden?
7. How had the sixth case stumped Jack? Why was the murder in Florida different from all the others?
8. What news does Rachel receive from Thorson the next morning? What is the reaction of Jack, Rachel, and Glenn?
9. What are Jack's immediate suspicions regarding the source of the story? What is learned about the reporter?
10. What is the general consensus in regards to the Poe/Poet connection?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)