|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the victim found in Phoenix?
2. Jack must fly to _____ immediately after learning about the story.
(c) New York.
3. What is the name of the program once supported by Gladden and one of the victims?
(a) Outward Bound.
(b) Best Pals.
(c) Head Start.
(d) Up with People.
4. Gomble was sent to which prison?
(a) Sing Sing.
(b) Arizona Correctional Facility.
(c) Union Correctional Institute.
(d) Cook County Jail.
5. Which division of the LAPD is visited by Jack and Rachel?
(a) Sherman Oaks Division.
(b) Hollywood Division.
(c) Robbery and Homicide.
(d) Crimes Against Persons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gomble was sentenced to ______ years for his crimes.
2. What book is linked to the prison cell?
3. Gomble was formerly a member of which prestigious organization?
4. Who seems to be the most upset about Rachel's budding personal attachment to Jack?
5. Who was responsible for the newspaper story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is learned about Gladden through his attorney? How does Thorson react? What is the result of the confrontation?
2. How had the sixth case stumped Jack? Why was the murder in Florida different from all the others?
3. What news does Rachel receive from Thorson the next morning? What is the reaction of Jack, Rachel, and Glenn?
4. What information is uncovered when Rachel and Jack go to Phoenix? Why is it obvious that the latest victim did not commit suicide?
5. What are Jack's immediate suspicions regarding the source of the story? What is learned about the reporter?
6. Who had contacted Rachel about Jack's meeting with Warren? What was Warren doing at the time?
7. What is Gladden's plan for finding a place to hide out? What action does the plan require?
8. What does Jack learn about Gladden? What is the possible connection to the first victim?
9. The Poet continues to use obscure quotes to taunt the agents. Discuss the Poet's reference to the rental car.
10. What is the general consensus in regards to the Poe/Poet connection?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)