|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sean and his wife live?
2. Who assists Jack with the theft?
3. What is the name of the county where the boy was murdered?
4. What term is often used to describe Rachel?
(a) Cute as a bug.
(b) Hard as nails.
(c) Playful as a pussycat.
(d) Tougher than steel.
5. What is the reaction of the attacker when Jack makes the statement?
(b) Runs away.
(d) Kicks Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name given to the older unsolved case?
2. What is the name of the researcher assigned to work the case?
3. Who does the concept apply to the most?
4. What was the first name of the victim?
5. What slang phrase is used when someone commits suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Theresa Lofton case is compared to a similar murder case of the 1940s. What are the similar details?
2. Explain the scene at the pier when the police attempt to apprehend Gladden. What happens to Gladden?
3. Describe the meeting between Jack and Washington. What is the purpose of the meeting?
4. What is Washington's reaction when he learns Jack's back story? How is the incident smoothed over?
5. What happens when Washington finally gets in touch with Wexler? What is Wexler's reaction?
6. How does Legs act when Jack tells the whole story?
7. Jack is able to make a tenuous connection to Warren. What is the connection?
8. What are the first suspicions that Jack has about the case? Do Wexler and St. Louis confirm Jack's theory?
9. Chapter 13 begins with Gladden connecting to the PTL club network. What message does Gladden receive? What message does he post in return?
10. What is Riley's reaction when she learns that Sean is dead? What common opinion does Riley share with Jack?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)