|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gladden tries to retrieve which item from the police station?
(a) False ID.
2. Which person accidentally saw incriminating evidence against Gladden?
3. Where do Sean and his wife live?
4. Where was the victim found?
(a) College campus.
(b) Motel room.
(c) Shopping mall.
(d) Behind a restaurant.
5. What was the former occupation of the public affairs officer?
(b) Bus driver.
(d) Maintenance supervisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Baltimore cop interviewed by Jack?
2. The first piece of literature found relates to which famous story?
3. What is the brother's occupation?
4. What item does Jack steal?
5. How old was Lofton when she was murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Theresa Lofton case is compared to a similar murder case of the 1940s. What are the similar details?
2. What is the name of the lead investigator on the Smathers case? Where does the man work?
3. What was the interaction between Sean and the media at that time?
4. Discuss Jack's trip to Chicago. Why is Chicago special to Jack? Why has Jack flown to the Windy City?
5. How could it be determined when and if it would happen to a certain cop?
6. Who were the news bearers? How were they related to Sean? Where did they work?
7. What are the first suspicions that Jack has about the case? Do Wexler and St. Louis confirm Jack's theory?
8. Sean explains a cop's life to Jack and discusses a particularly disturbing subject. What is the subject?
9. How does Legs act when Jack tells the whole story?
10. What is Riley's reaction when she learns that Sean is dead? What common opinion does Riley share with Jack?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)