|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Baltimore cop's connection to Jack's case?
(a) He was shot in the back.
(b) His partner was killed.
(c) He was denied a pension.
(d) He was framed for conspiracy.
2. What is the name of the victim that became Sean's obsession?
3. What slang phrase is used when someone commits suicide?
(a) Takes the pipe.
(b) Takes a dirt nap.
(c) Pushes up daisies.
(d) Eats a bullet.
4. Gladden reads which author while waiting in his hotel room?
5. How old are the brothers at the beginning of the story?
6. What was left at the scene of Sean's death?
(a) Shoe print.
7. Which person accidentally saw incriminating evidence against Gladden?
8. In what major US city does the majority of the story take place?
9. What is the name of the librarian often consulted by Jack?
10. To which city does Jack fly to follow a lead?
(b) Des Moines.
(d) St. Paul.
11. Washington takes it upon himself to contact which Denver cop?
(b) St. Louis.
12. What term is often used to describe Rachel?
(a) Playful as a pussycat.
(b) Cute as a bug.
(c) Hard as nails.
(d) Tougher than steel.
13. Who assists Jack with the theft?
14. What nickname was given to the girl due to the circumstances of her death?
(a) Baby's breath.
(c) White Dahlia.
(d) White Rose.
15. What is the name of the cop bar visited by the brothers?
(c) Pints Of.
(d) Ps & Qs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What connection begins to emerge between cases?
2. What is the name of the lead detective in the case of the murdered boy?
3. The brothers discuss the disturbing concept known as:
4. Who accosts Jack at his hotel?
5. Jack immediately complains that his ______ has/have been violated.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)