• Jack McEvoy is informed that his brother is dead.
• Jack recalls a night with Sean at a bar.
• Sean talks about "The Limit."
• The Theresa Lofton case is discussed.
• The Lofton case became Sean's obsession.
• Jack goes along with two cops to notify Sean's wife of the death.
• Jack wants and needs to write about Sean's death.
• William Gladden is introduced.
• Gladden watches kids at a merry-go-round.
• Jack visits the library to do research.
• Jack starts to investigate the Lofton case.
• Jack goes to Bear Lake to analyze the scene.
• William Gladden is scared away from his child watching activities.
• Gladden attempts to elude police but is arrested.
• Jack reads everything he can about the Lofton case.
• Jack plants the seed of doubt in the mind of Wexler.
• Gladden goes to court and meets his attorney.
• Gladden is released on $50,000 bail.
• Jack arrives in...
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)