|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cid tell his friend, Álvar, to do in Section 2?
2. Who does the Cid sell his share back to?
3. Who asks for advice from the Cid before he leaves?
4. How many Moors are killed in Section 36?
5. Whose signal is Pedro waiting for in Section 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Martín Antolínez play in the Cid's departure from Vivar?
2. What does the victory in Section 39 reveal about the Cid?
3. Describe the Cid's dream in Section 19. What does it mean?
4. How does the Cid stay connected to home in Section 41? What does this reveal about him?
5. What bargain does the Cid try to make with God as he goes to San Pedro?
6. Explain how the Cid and his men are able to pay for the things they need during their travels and battles.
7. How does the Cid trick the citizens of Alcocer?
8. Why are the inhabitants of Burgos unable to offer the Cid and his followers a place to stay? What would happen if they did?
9. Explain the circumstances of the count's return home.
10. Explain the sale of Minaya's booty to the Moors in Section 24.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the perception of events is key in understanding what happened between the king's sons and the Cid's daughters.
Essay Topic 2
Does "The Poem of the Cid" have a happy ending? Why or why not? If so, what makes it a happy ending? If not, how would it need to be changed to be a happy ending?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between the Cid and his men, focusing on how he treats them.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)