|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Cid take his wife and daughters in Section 90?
(a) A flat area.
(b) A castle.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A high tower.
2. What is ultimately decided about the marriages?
(a) They will proceed.
(b) The decision will be left to the Cid's daughters.
(c) They will proceed, but not until the daughters are two years older.
(d) They will not proceed.
3. Where does Fernando hide in Section 112?
(a) In a chimney.
(b) Behind the curtain.
(c) Behind a wine press.
(d) Under the couch.
4. How do the enemies of the Cid get to Valencia in Sections 88 and 89?
(a) They sail.
(b) They caravan.
(c) They walk.
(d) They ride.
5. Who issues the challenge?
(a) The King's son.
(b) The King.
(c) The Cid.
(d) Pedro Mudo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Cid indicate to King Alphonso about his son's marriage prospects?
2. How many Moors escape the Cid's army in the second battle in Section 95?
3. Who is making preparations in Section 103?
4. Who overhears a conversation between the Infantes of Carrión about going to war?
5. What does the Cid want back from his former sons-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characteristic of an epic poem is evident in Sections 84-102?
2. Why are the king's sons afraid to go into battle with the Cid? How does the Cid learn of their fears?
3. How does the Cid greet his wife and children in Section 86? How does he introduce them to their new home?
4. After the sons join the Cid in battle, where do they want to go? Why do they say they want to go?
5. What two concerns does the Cid express about the marriage of his daughters to the king's sons?
6. What is the Cid's decision regarding the marriage of his daughters? What does this reveal about him?
7. How are the Cid's wife and daughters introduced to the Cid's military side at Valencia? How do they each react?
8. Who wants to marry the Cid's daughters in Section 101? What does King Alphonso say about this?
9. Why does the Cid want to wait to go to the meeting? How does he spend this delayed time?
10. How does King Alphonso react to the gifts he receives in Section 100? What does this reveal about King Alphonso?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)