|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Cid blame for the actions of King Alphonso's sons?
(a) King Alphonso.
(d) Fernando and Diego.
2. How many Moors escape the Cid's army in the second battle in Section 95?
3. What amazes people about the Cid's new horse in Section 85?
(a) Its mane.
(b) Its eyes.
(c) Its speed.
(d) Its beauty.
4. Who reminds Fernando of the incident in which he hid instead of protecting the Cid?
(a) King Alfonso.
(b) Pedro Mudo.
(c) The Cid.
(d) The Cid's daughters.
5. Why is the group returning to Valencia with the Cid larger than the group that originally came with him?
(a) It isn't; the same number of men return to Valencia as originally came.
(b) King Alphonso orders men to accompany the Cid.
(c) Many of the men bring their families back to Valencia.
(d) Many of King Alphonso's men join him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is preparing to meet with King Alphonso in Section 104?
2. How many men does the Cid gather to go to the hearing?
3. According to the Cid, how long until the battle will be over in Section 91?
4. Who tells the Cid's wife and daughters of the upcoming marriages?
5. What is the name of the Cid's horse in Section 86?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ultimately decided about the marriage of the Cid's daughters? How is Minaya involved in the decision?
2. What happens when the Cid and King Alphonso meet in Section 103? How does King Alphonso react?
3. How do the Cid and Minaya react after the battle in regards to the king's sons? How do the sons react?
4. How does the Cid feel about the marriages of his daughters? How does he express this?
5. What does the Cid's message to King Alphonso in Section 133 say?
6. How does King Alphonso react to the gifts he receives in Section 100? What does this reveal about King Alphonso?
7. What happens to the Cid's daughters when the king's sons take them to the forest of the Corpes?
8. What two concerns does the Cid express about the marriage of his daughters to the king's sons?
9. What characteristic of an epic poem is evident in Sections 84-102?
10. Why are the king's sons afraid to go into battle with the Cid? How does the Cid learn of their fears?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)