|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Cid indicate to King Alphonso about his son's marriage prospects?
(a) They do not seem to want to get married.
(b) That they seem to have women they admire closer to home.
(c) That they could marry more prestigious ladies.
(d) They do not seem to get along with his daughters.
2. According to the Cid, how long until the battle will be over in Section 91?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
3. Where does the governor Abengalbón also entertain the Cid and his men?
4. What does the Cid decide about the marriage proposals?
(a) He agrees to the marriages.
(b) He leaves the decision to the king.
(c) He offers to find other brides, and if he can't, the sons can marry his daughters.
(d) He does not agree to the marriages.
5. Who begins a war with the Cid and his men in Section 113?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fernando hide in Section 112?
2. Who reminds Fernando of the incident in which he hid instead of protecting the Cid?
3. What is the name of the Cid's horse in Section 86?
4. Where does the Cid take his wife and daughters in Section 90?
5. What does King Alphonso do when he is finally in front of the Cid in person?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Cid protect the king's sons in battle the forces from Morocco? What is the reaction to this?
2. What happens when the Cid and King Alphonso meet in Section 103? How does King Alphonso react?
3. What happens to the Cid's daughters when the king's sons take them to the forest of the Corpes?
4. Why does the Cid want to wait to go to the meeting? How does he spend this delayed time?
5. After the sons join the Cid in battle, where do they want to go? Why do they say they want to go?
6. Explain what happens in Section 112 when a lion gets loose in the home of the Cid in Valencia.
7. What two concerns does the Cid express about the marriage of his daughters to the king's sons?
8. What does the Cid's message to King Alphonso in Section 133 say?
9. How do the Cid and Minaya react after the battle in regards to the king's sons? How do the sons react?
10. Why are the king's sons afraid to go into battle with the Cid? How does the Cid learn of their fears?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)