|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cid ask in return for his gift to King Alphonso in Section 77?
(a) Nothing; it is a gift.
(b) That King Alphonso will send an equal number of soldiers to fight with the Cid.
(c) That he can return to his homeland.
(d) That his family can join him in the land he has conquered.
2. Why does the Cid send something to the church in Section 41?
(a) For masses to be said.
(b) So his family can ride to meet him.
(c) To let his wife know he's alive.
(d) To feed the orphans.
3. How many horsemen does the Cid have?
(b) Nearly a hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
4. Who praises God in Section 30?
(b) Álvar Fáñez.
(c) The Cid's wife.
(d) The Cid.
5. Why does the Cid want Minaya and his soldiers to return after their journey in Section 43?
(a) To rejoice.
(b) To ensure their loyalty.
(c) To help make a camp.
(d) To prepare for another battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Cid and his men attack in Section 29?
2. How many soldiers did Minaya kill during the battle, according to Section 40?
3. According to King Alphonso in Section 48, what will happen if someone goes to the Cid to assist him?
4. What does the Cid plan to do to the inhabitants of Alcocer?
5. How much time passes in Sections 69-71?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Cid's relationship with God? How do you know?
2. What does the Cid decide to do with the captives at Alcocer? What role do they then play for the Cid and his men?
3. What role do the abbots of San Pedro play in the Cid's departure from Vivar?
4. Why does the Cid thank God when he is successful? Why does the Cid thank God when he is unsuccessful?
5. What does the victory in Section 39 reveal about the Cid?
6. What suggestion does Minaya give the Cid for those who wish to leave his service?
7. How do the citizens of Alcocer react when the Cid decides to leave? How do the citizens of Terrer and Calatayud react to his departure?
8. Explain how the Cid and his men are able to pay for the things they need during their travels and battles.
9. How does the Cid stay connected to home in Section 41? What does this reveal about him?
10. What is the Cid's proposition to Rachel and Vidas? Is this a fair deal? Why or why not?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)