|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Cid and his family do before he and his followers leave the country of Castile?
(a) Go on a picnic.
(b) Attend a church service.
(c) Petition the king.
(d) Go for a ride on a river.
2. What country has the Cid almost taken over by Section 64?
3. Who does the Cid pay for the protection of his family?
4. Those who do not agree to the symbol of loyalty Minaya suggests risk losing what?
(a) Their riches.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Their lives.
(d) Their families.
5. Why does the Cid send something to the church in Section 41?
(a) To feed the orphans.
(b) For masses to be said.
(c) So his family can ride to meet him.
(d) To let his wife know he's alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Cid want Minaya and his soldiers to return after their journey in Section 43?
2. Where are the slopes the Cid takes possession of in Section 27?
3. How many horses does the Cid want given as a gift?
4. What does the Cid use to teach the Valencians a lesson in Section 72?
5. What people do Cid and his men fight in Sections 67 and 68?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is offended by the Cid's actions in Sections 55 and 56? What does he do as a result?
2. Explain the circumstances of the Cid's victory over the Valencians.
3. How does the Cid divide the booty in Section 40? What else does the Cid do with his wealth in Section 40?
4. Explain how the Cid and his men are able to pay for the things they need during their travels and battles.
5. Why are the inhabitants of Burgos unable to offer the Cid and his followers a place to stay? What would happen if they did?
6. Who sends Moors to the Cid to bring him in? How does the Cid react to this?
7. When the Cid fights the army of Moors and Christians, what happens? Who is taken prisoner?
8. Why is the Cid sad at the beginning of the poem? Why did this happen?
9. How does the Cid react when an army of Moors and Christians is organized to fight him? What does this say about him?
10. What role do the abbots of San Pedro play in the Cid's departure from Vivar?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)