|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does the Cid send away with the count in Section 62?
2. The ruler of what city attempts to attack the Cid in Section 75?
3. How does the battle between the Cid and the Valencians end?
(a) The Cid beats the Valencians.
(b) The Cid surrenders.
(c) The Valencians beat the Cid.
(d) The Valencians surrender.
4. How many knights are with Cid as he passes through Burgos?
(c) One hundred.
5. What does the Cid do in Section 25?
(a) Goes home.
(c) Fights King Alphonso.
(d) Leaves Castejón.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for advice from the Cid before he leaves?
2. What do the Cid and his family do before he and his followers leave the country of Castile?
3. Who is struck in Section 39?
4. How is the booty from the battle divided among the Cid's soldiers?
5. Who does the Cid pay for the protection of his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Cid fights the army of Moors and Christians, what happens? Who is taken prisoner?
2. Explain how the Cid and his men are able to pay for the things they need during their travels and battles.
3. Who is offended by the Cid's actions in Sections 55 and 56? What does he do as a result?
4. How does King Alphonso feel about the Cid at the end of Sections 64-83? How do you know?
5. Explain the battle with the Moors that is described in Sections 34-39.
6. What role does Martín Antolínez play in the Cid's departure from Vivar?
7. What bargain does the Cid try to make with God as he goes to San Pedro?
8. Explain the circumstances of the Cid's victory over the Valencians.
9. What does the Cid decide to do with the captives at Alcocer? What role do they then play for the Cid and his men?
10. What role do the abbots of San Pedro play in the Cid's departure from Vivar?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)