|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Moors of Terrer and Calatayud react to the Cid's decision in Section 45?
(a) They do not know about the decision.
(b) They are sad about it.
(c) They do not react.
(d) They are glad about it.
2. What does the Cid say he will not cut in Section 76?
(a) His booty from battles into parts.
(b) His hair.
(c) His beard.
(d) His bread.
3. What does Antolínez promise in Section 13?
(a) To rejoin the Cid.
(b) To take revenge against the king.
(c) To return to his family.
(d) To build a home for them.
4. How do the Moors of Alcocer react to the Cid's decision in Section 45?
(a) They help him prepare.
(b) They build him a home.
(c) They cry.
5. Who praises God in Section 30?
(a) The Cid.
(b) Álvar Fáñez.
(c) The Cid's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Alphonso react to his gifts in Sections 47 and 48?
2. Who hold a banquet in the Cid's honor in Section 17?
3. How many soldiers did Minaya kill during the battle, according to Section 40?
4. What does Cid tell his friend, Álvar, to do in Section 2?
5. Those who do not agree to the symbol of loyalty Minaya suggests risk losing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sends Moors to the Cid to bring him in? How does the Cid react to this?
2. Explain how the Cid and his men are able to pay for the things they need during their travels and battles.
3. Explain the circumstances of the count's return home.
4. How does the Cid react when an army of Moors and Christians is organized to fight him? What does this say about him?
5. How does the Cid stay connected to home in Section 41? What does this reveal about him?
6. What is the Cid's relationship with God? How do you know?
7. Why does the Cid thank God when he is successful? Why does the Cid thank God when he is unsuccessful?
8. What bargain does the Cid try to make with God as he goes to San Pedro?
9. What is the Cid's proposition to Rachel and Vidas? Is this a fair deal? Why or why not?
10. Why are the inhabitants of Burgos unable to offer the Cid and his followers a place to stay? What would happen if they did?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)