|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many knights does the Cid send out to greet his wife and daughters in Section 85?
2. How does the Cid prevent attention from being drawn to himself during the hearing?
(a) Hides in the back of the meeting area.
(b) Wears a disguise.
(c) Dresses in long robes.
(d) Covers his beard.
3. How does the Cid express his displeasure about the marriages?
(a) He refuses to give his daughters away.
(b) He does not attend the wedding festivities.
(c) He refuses to give a toast at the wedding feast.
(d) He wears black to the wedding as a sign of mourning.
4. What does the Cid think about the possibility of his daughters marrying King Alphonso's sons?
(a) He thinks his daughters will miss him too much.
(b) He thinks his wife will object.
(c) He thinks his daughters are too young.
(d) He thinks King Alphonso's sons are too wild.
5. The Moorish king of ______ decides to attack the Cid and his armies in Sections 88 and 89.
6. How does Count García Ordóñez feel about the Cid's success?
(a) He feels patriotic.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is unhappy.
(d) He expresses no feelings one way or the other.
7. How does the Cid's wife react to the news of the marriages of her daughters?
(a) She praises Cid for his good decision.
(b) She thanks God for good matches for her daughters.
(c) She celebrates the gaining of sons-in-law.
(d) She mourns the loss of her daughters.
8. Whose idea was the marriages of the Cid's daughters to King Alphonso's sons?
(a) King Alphonso's.
(b) The Cid's wife's.
(c) King Alphonso's sons'.
(d) The Cid's.
9. Where does Fernando hide in Section 112?
(a) Under the couch.
(b) Behind the curtain.
(c) Behind a wine press.
(d) In a chimney.
10. Who overhears a conversation between the Infantes of Carrión about going to war?
(b) Muño Gustioz.
(c) The Cid's wife.
(d) King Búcar.
11. What does the king want to see happen in the situation with his sons?
(a) He wants justice for the Cid's daughters.
(b) He wants to simply dissolve the marriages and forget the whole situation.
(c) He wants to see his sons apologize in public.
(d) He wants to see the couples reunited.
12. How are the sons ordered to repay the Cid for the money he gave them that they spent?
(a) By serving as his slaves.
(b) By giving him part of their inheritance from King Alphonso.
(c) In horses and armor.
(d) By working the Cid's land.
13. What does the Cid decide about the marriage proposals?
(a) He leaves the decision to the king.
(b) He does not agree to the marriages.
(c) He agrees to the marriages.
(d) He offers to find other brides, and if he can't, the sons can marry his daughters.
14. Where is the animal that gets loose in Section 112?
(a) In the hall where the Cid is sleeping.
(b) In the hall where the Cid's daughters are sleeping.
(c) In the hall where King Alphonso is sleeping.
(d) In the hall where the Infantes of Carrión are sleeping.
15. What do the men surround in Section 112?
(a) Cid's daughters' bedchamber.
(b) The bedchamber of the Infantes of Carrión.
(c) King Alphonso's couch.
(d) Cid's couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Cid, how long until the battle will be over in Section 91?
2. Who is preparing to meet with King Alphonso in Section 104?
3. How many Moors escape the Cid's army in the second battle in Section 95?
4. Who joins the Cid's army on the trip back to Valencia in section 107?
5. What amazes people about the Cid's new horse in Section 85?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)