|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins a war with the Cid and his men in Section 113?
2. Where are the Infantes of Carrión at the beginning of Section 112?
(a) At sea.
3. How many men does the Cid gather to go to the hearing?
4. What would happen to the King's sons if they didn't attend the hearing?
(a) They would be killed.
(b) They would face the Cid's wrath.
(c) They would go into exile.
(d) They would be imprisoned.
5. Who reminds Fernando of the incident in which he hid instead of protecting the Cid?
(a) Pedro Mudo.
(b) The Cid's daughters.
(c) King Alfonso.
(d) The Cid.
6. How does the Cid feel about the proposals?
(a) He does not express feelings one way or the other.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is not pleased.
(d) He does not know about the proposals.
7. What does the Cid want to happen to the sons?
(a) He wants them to be banished.
(b) He wants them to be imprisoned.
(c) He wants them to be called to a judicial meeting.
(d) He wants them to be killed.
8. Whose idea was the marriages of the Cid's daughters to King Alphonso's sons?
(a) King Alphonso's sons'.
(b) The Cid's.
(c) King Alphonso's.
(d) The Cid's wife's.
9. How many knights does the Cid send out to greet his wife and daughters in Section 85?
10. How do the enemies of the Cid get to Valencia in Sections 88 and 89?
(a) They caravan.
(b) They walk.
(c) They ride.
(d) They sail.
11. How many men are killed in the first day of battle in Section 92?
12. Who is making preparations in Section 103?
(a) The Cid.
(b) King Alphonso.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Cid's wife.
13. What does King Alphonso do when he is finally in front of the Cid in person?
(a) Bows respectfully.
(b) Gives him a full pardon.
(c) Offers him a place in his court.
(d) Embraces him.
14. How does King Alphonso react to the news of what happened to the Cid's daughters?
(a) He is proud of his sons' strength.
(b) He is grieved.
(c) He doesn't get news of the events.
(d) He doesn't believe it.
15. Where does the governor Abengalbón also entertain the Cid and his men?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposes to the Cid's daughters in Section 101?
2. What is ultimately decided about the marriages?
3. Who makes fun of the Infantes of Carrión in Section 112?
4. How do the men prepare for battle in Section 94?
5. Who asks to be exempt from the court hearing in Section 135?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)