|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cid decide about the marriage proposals?
(a) He offers to find other brides, and if he can't, the sons can marry his daughters.
(b) He agrees to the marriages.
(c) He does not agree to the marriages.
(d) He leaves the decision to the king.
2. Where does Fernando hide in Section 112?
(a) Under the couch.
(b) Behind the curtain.
(c) In a chimney.
(d) Behind a wine press.
3. Who rescues the Cid's daughters?
(a) Félez Muñoz.
(b) The Cid.
(c) King Alphonso.
(d) The governor Abengalbón.
4. How many horses does the Cid give the king as a gift in Section 106?
5. Who is making preparations in Section 103?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Cid's wife.
(c) King Alphonso.
(d) The Cid.
6. Who joins the Cid's army on the trip back to Valencia in section 107?
(a) The Count of Barcelona.
(b) King Alphonso.
(c) King Alphonso's sons.
(d) The priest of the church of Santa Maria.
7. The Moorish king of ______ decides to attack the Cid and his armies in Sections 88 and 89.
8. What does Fernando say about the Cid in Section 141?
(a) That he is a petty noble.
(b) That his beard looks unkempt.
(c) That he stole from King Alfonso.
(d) That he convinced his daughters to lie about how they were treated.
9. How does King Alphonso react to the news of what happened to the Cid's daughters?
(a) He doesn't believe it.
(b) He doesn't get news of the events.
(c) He is proud of his sons' strength.
(d) He is grieved.
10. According to the Cid, how long until the battle will be over in Section 91?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Several hours.
11. Who does the Cid indicate to King Alphonso about his son's marriage prospects?
(a) They do not seem to get along with his daughters.
(b) They do not seem to want to get married.
(c) That they seem to have women they admire closer to home.
(d) That they could marry more prestigious ladies.
12. How do the men prepare for battle in Section 94?
(a) By attending mass.
(b) By having a feast.
(c) By sharpening their weapons.
(d) By spending time individually.
13. How does the Cid prevent attention from being drawn to himself during the hearing?
(a) Covers his beard.
(b) Wears a disguise.
(c) Dresses in long robes.
(d) Hides in the back of the meeting area.
14. In what section does the Third Cantar begin?
15. What do the men surround in Section 112?
(a) The bedchamber of the Infantes of Carrión.
(b) King Alphonso's couch.
(c) Cid's couch.
(d) Cid's daughters' bedchamber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Infantes of Carrión at the beginning of Section 112?
2. Who begins a war with the Cid and his men in Section 113?
3. How many knights does the Cid send out to greet his wife and daughters in Section 85?
4. What amazes people about the Cid's new horse in Section 85?
5. Who provides the feast in Section 84?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)