|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the count look over his shoulder as he's leaving in Section 63?
(a) To say a final goodbye.
(b) To make sure the Cid is not following him.
(c) Because he hears something behind him.
(d) To make sure he's going the right way.
2. Who praises God in Section 30?
(b) Álvar Fáñez.
(c) The Cid.
(d) The Cid's wife.
3. What does the Cid send to the church in Section 41?
(c) A letter.
4. Why can't the villagers offer the Cid and his followers a place to stay?
(a) They are under the king's command.
(b) They are afraid of them.
(c) They have no room.
(d) They don't see Cid and his followers passing through the village.
5. What story will be told in Section 64?
(a) The great deeds of the Cid.
(b) The Cid and the Horse Thief.
(c) The Cid's spiritual conversion.
(d) The Cid's journey to Vivar.
6. How many Moors are killed in Section 36?
(a) Too many to count.
(b) More than one thousand.
(c) More than five hundred.
(d) More than ten thousand.
7. The Cid's decision to not cut something in Section 76 is a sign of love to whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughters.
(c) King Alphonso.
8. What do the people of Alcocer think the Cid is indicating when he takes tents down?
9. Who wrote "The Poem of the Cid"?
(a) Pablo Neruda.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(d) M. H. Abrams.
10. Who does Antolínez say goodbye to in Section 13?
(a) His family.
(b) The Cid's family.
(c) The Cid.
(d) The king.
11. How many days does the Cid agree to wait after visiting Castile?
12. Who is the recipient of the gift?
(a) The abbots.
(b) The Cid's wife.
(c) King Fáriz.
(d) King Alphonso.
13. What food does the count refuse to eat after he is taken prisoner by the Cid?
(a) Bread and water given to all prisoners.
(b) Pork, which he cannot eat due to religious restrictions.
(c) None; he is never offered food.
(d) A feast to celebrate the victory.
14. Those who do not agree to the symbol of loyalty Minaya suggests risk losing what?
(a) Their lives.
(b) Their riches.
(c) Their horses.
(d) Their families.
15. What do the Cid and his family do before he and his followers leave the country of Castile?
(a) Go on a picnic.
(b) Petition the king.
(c) Attend a church service.
(d) Go for a ride on a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many sections does the Cid count his men?
2. How do the Moors of Alcocer react to the Cid's decision in Section 45?
3. Who is crying at the beginning of the First Cantar?
4. What does the Cid say he will not cut in Section 76?
5. Who does the Cid want to give the gift?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)