|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the Cid in a dream in Section 19?
(a) His daughters.
(b) His wife.
(c) The Angel Gabriel.
(d) Jesus Christ.
2. How many days does the Cid agree to wait after visiting Castile?
3. Where are the slopes the Cid takes possession of in Section 27?
(a) Around Alcocer.
(b) In Castejón.
(c) Near San Pedro.
(d) South of Vivar.
4. What does the Cid's wife pray for in Section 14?
(a) His safety.
(b) Her own safety.
(c) His return.
(d) The death of the king.
5. Who hold a banquet in the Cid's honor in Section 17?
6. Who is offered a fifth of the Cid's booty as a reward?
(a) The king.
7. How does King Alphonso react to his gifts in Sections 47 and 48?
(a) He is dissatisfied.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He gives them to the Cid's wife and daughters.
(d) He never receives them.
8. Who wins the battle between the Cid and the count?
(a) The count.
(b) No one; they work out an agreement without fighting.
(c) The Cid.
(d) The Celts.
9. According to King Alphonso in Section 48, what will happen if someone goes to the Cid to assist him?
(a) He will not be punished.
(b) He will be punished.
(c) He will be banished.
(d) He will be severely taxed.
10. Who is crying at the beginning of the First Cantar?
(a) King Alphonso.
(b) The Cid.
11. What count hears of the damage caused by the Cid on the Moorish countryside?
(a) The Count of San Pedro.
(b) The Count of Vivar.
(c) The Count of Alcañiz.
(d) The Count of Barcelona.
12. Who kills a Moorish soldier in Section 38?
(c) The Cid.
(d) King Fáriz.
13. How do the Moors of Alcocer react to the Cid's decision in Section 45?
(b) They cry.
(c) They build him a home.
(d) They help him prepare.
14. What must the count do in order to be set free by the Cid?
(a) Renounce his faith.
(b) Nothing; he is not offered freedom.
(c) Pledge loyalty to the Cid.
15. Who is struck in Section 39?
(c) King Fáriz.
(d) The Cid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horsemen does the Cid have?
2. What does Cid tell his friend, Álvar, to do in Section 2?
3. What people do Cid and his men fight in Sections 67 and 68?
4. Why does the Cid go to Castile in Section 72?
5. How many tents does the Cid leave up in Section 29?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)