|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antolínez say goodbye to in Section 13?
(a) His family.
(b) The Cid.
(c) The king.
(d) The Cid's family.
2. Why does the count look over his shoulder as he's leaving in Section 63?
(a) To say a final goodbye.
(b) To make sure the Cid is not following him.
(c) To make sure he's going the right way.
(d) Because he hears something behind him.
3. What country has the Cid almost taken over by Section 64?
4. What does the Cid's wife pray for in Section 14?
(a) Her own safety.
(b) The death of the king.
(c) His return.
(d) His safety.
5. Those who do not agree to the symbol of loyalty Minaya suggests risk losing what?
(a) Their riches.
(b) Their families.
(c) Their horses.
(d) Their lives.
6. What does the Cid do in Section 25?
(a) Goes home.
(c) Leaves Castejón.
(d) Fights King Alphonso.
7. What do the people fear losing in Section 4?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Their souls.
8. How much time passes in Sections 69-71?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
9. Who receives the Moorish soldier's horse in Section 38?
(a) King Fáriz.
(b) The Cid.
10. How much do Rachel and Vidas pay the Cid in exchange for the chests?
(a) 500 marks.
(b) 600 marks.
(c) 100 marks.
(d) 400 marks.
11. What does Cid tell his friend, Álvar, to do in Section 2?
(a) To deliver a message to his wife.
(b) To stay with the horses.
(c) To be happy.
(d) To get some firewood.
12. Who does the Cid want to give the gift?
13. How long does the siege by the Moors last?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) A month.
14. How many soldiers did Minaya kill during the battle, according to Section 40?
15. Where does a group traveling with the Cid go in Section 2?
(b) The Church of Santa Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the recipient of the gift?
2. Why is Álvar unhappy?
3. Who does the Cid inform of his intent to stay in the slopes in Section 27?
4. What does Antolínez promise in Section 13?
5. What does the Cid use to teach the Valencians a lesson in Section 72?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)