|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Cid urges some of his soldiers to aid ______.
(d) The Moors.
2. What does the Cid send to his wife and daughters in Section 41?
(d) A letter.
3. What do the Cid and his men set up at the Castejón de Henares?
(a) A battlement.
(b) A camp.
(c) A fire circle.
(d) An ambush.
4. What story will be told in Section 64?
(a) The Cid and the Horse Thief.
(b) The great deeds of the Cid.
(c) The Cid's spiritual conversion.
(d) The Cid's journey to Vivar.
5. Who hold a banquet in the Cid's honor in Section 17?
6. Who does Antolínez say goodbye to in Section 13?
(a) The Cid.
(b) His family.
(c) The Cid's family.
(d) The king.
7. What does the Cid plan to do to the inhabitants of Alcocer?
(a) Create a treaty with them.
(b) Avoid them.
(c) Trick them.
(d) Pay tribute to them.
8. Who does the Cid want to tell his friends in Castile that God has favored the Cid?
(a) A local priest.
(b) King Alphonso.
(d) His wife.
9. What does Rachel ask as a gift from the Cid?
(a) A Moorish tunic.
(b) A flute.
(d) An Indian sari.
10. How many knights accompany Minaya to Valencia in Section 83?
11. Who receives the Moorish soldier's horse in Section 38?
(b) King Fáriz.
(d) The Cid.
12. How many men does the Cid send away with the count in Section 62?
13. Who does the Cid pay for the protection of his family?
14. Whose signal is Pedro waiting for in Section 34?
(c) No one's.
(d) The Cid's.
15. Who is the recipient of the gift?
(a) King Fáriz.
(b) King Alphonso.
(c) The Cid's wife.
(d) The abbots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Cid pay for the protection of his family?
2. According to King Alphonso in Section 48, what will happen if someone goes to the Cid to assist him?
3. For how many sections does the Cid count his men?
4. Who did the Cid share the money from the sale of Alcocer with?
5. How do the inhabitants of Alcocer feel about the Cid and his men?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)