Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - First Cantar: Sections 1-18
1. Why is the Cid sad at the beginning of the poem? Why did this happen?
2. What is the Cid's relationship with God? How do you know?
3. Why are the inhabitants of Burgos unable to offer the Cid and his followers a place to stay? What would happen if they did?
4. What role does Martín Antolínez play in the Cid's departure from Vivar?
5. What is the Cid's proposition to Rachel and Vidas? Is this a fair deal? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,077 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)