|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Cantar, Sections 133-144.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to King Alphonso in Section 48, what will happen if someone goes to the Cid to assist him?
(a) He will not be punished.
(b) He will be punished.
(c) He will be banished.
(d) He will be severely taxed.
2. What do Fernando and Diego do when they are with their wives in the forest of the Corpes?
(a) Build them a house.
(b) Try to kill them by drowning them.
(c) Beat them and leave them for dead.
(d) Confess that they do not love them.
3. Why does the Cid want to go to San Pedro de Cardeña?
(a) To go into hiding.
(b) To rest.
(c) To escape persecution.
(d) To visit his family.
4. Who begins a war with the Cid and his men in Section 113?
5. What does the Cid think about the possibility of his daughters marrying King Alphonso's sons?
(a) He thinks King Alphonso's sons are too wild.
(b) He thinks his wife will object.
(c) He thinks his daughters are too young.
(d) He thinks his daughters will miss him too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is crying at the beginning of the First Cantar?
2. What do the Cid and his men set up at the Castejón de Henares?
3. What does the Cid say he will not cut in Section 76?
4. Who is struck in Section 39?
5. Who does Antolínez say goodbye to in Section 13?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)