|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Cantar: Sections 103-111.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the battle between the Cid and the Valencians end?
(a) The Cid surrenders.
(b) The Cid beats the Valencians.
(c) The Valencians surrender.
(d) The Valencians beat the Cid.
2. What food does the count refuse to eat after he is taken prisoner by the Cid?
(a) Pork, which he cannot eat due to religious restrictions.
(b) A feast to celebrate the victory.
(c) None; he is never offered food.
(d) Bread and water given to all prisoners.
3. Whose signal is Pedro waiting for in Section 34?
(a) The Cid's.
(b) No one's.
4. According to the Cid, how long until the battle will be over in Section 91?
(a) Two days.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One day.
5. How do the Moors of Alcocer react to the Cid's decision in Section 45?
(a) They build him a home.
(c) They cry.
(d) They help him prepare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Cid want to give the gift?
2. What does the Cid send to his wife and daughters in Section 41?
3. Why is the group returning to Valencia with the Cid larger than the group that originally came with him?
4. Who does the Cid inform of his intent to stay in the slopes in Section 27?
5. Why is Álvar unhappy?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)