First Cantar: Sections 1-18
1. Who wrote "The Poem of the Cid"?
(a) No one knows.
(b) M. H. Abrams.
(c) Pablo Neruda.
(d) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
2. Who is crying at the beginning of the First Cantar?
(a) King Alphonso.
(b) The Cid.
3. For what does the Cid thank God at the beginning of the First Cantar?
(a) For the plans his enemies have developed against him.
(b) For his health.
(c) For his family.
(d) For his banishment.
4. Where does a group traveling with the Cid leave in Section 2?
(c) The Church of Santa Maria.
5. Where does a group traveling with the Cid go in Section 2?
(b) The Church of Santa Maria.
6. What does Cid tell his friend, Álvar, to do in Section 2?
(a) To stay with the horses.
(b) To be happy.
(c) To get some firewood.
(d) To deliver a message to his wife.
7. Why is Álvar unhappy?
(a) They are banished from their home village.
(b) He lost his best sword after a battle.
(c) He misses his wife.
(d) They haven't eaten in days.
This section contains 4,392 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)