First Cantar: Sections 1-18
• Section 1 opens with the Cid crying as he looks upon an empty and unlocked room or building. Despite being worn down by his worries, the Cid takes time to thank God for the plans that his enemies developed against him.
• In Section 2, a group traveling with the Cid leaves Vivar and enter Burgos.
• The inhabitants of Burgos cry as they watch the Cid leave; they are unable to aid him under order of the king, and the Cid rides to the Church of Santa Maria.
• The Cid and his followers camp by the Arlanzón river. As a result of the king's displeasure with the Cid, he is not even able to buy food from the residents of the city of Burgos.
• In Section 5 Martín Antolínez provides the Cid and his followers with bread and wine.
• In Section 6 the Cid asks Antol...
This section contains 3,345 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)