|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the mother who wanted to help her heroin addicted son feel during her aspiration?
2. What does Chondron claim is the essence of generosity?
3. Which of the following is one of the three kinds of laziness?
4. What will happen if we "stay with" sorrow or pain?
5. What is equanimity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is lhenchak?
2. What are the six ways of compassionate living?
3. How does Chodron characterize pettiness, arrogance, and being judgmental?
4. How was Shariputra an example for students during the Buddha's teaching at Vulture Peak Mountain (in his teachings known as The Heart Sutra)?
5. What does Chodron write are the best ways to practice not doing harm?
6. What does the author write about self-deception?
7. How does Chodron describe laziness characterized by wanting to avoid inconvenience?
8. What is the far enemy of compassion?
9. Why does the author claim that with bodhichitta practices, we eventually feel more joy?
10. What are the near and far enemies of the four limitless qualities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is groundlessness for Chodron? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 2
For Chodron, what are the four limitless qualities? What are their near and far enemies?
Essay Topic 3
Why might a student training to be a bodhichitta warrior experience heightened neurosis?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)