|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chodron, what two things do all those who set out on this path discover that we all have?
(a) Difficulty in life and diminished hope for the future.
(b) Neurosis and wisdom.
(c) Anxiety and attention problems.
(d) Changing emotions and difficulty focusing.
2. What is the third lord of materialism?
(a) The lord of mind.
(b) The lord of applause.
(c) The lord of convenience.
(d) The lord of ambition.
3. How long does Chodron say that cultivating equanimity takes?
(a) "It will take less time if you start now."
(b) "At least until you die."
(c) "As long as you make it."
(d) "Less time than it does to cultivate unhappiness."
4. Which of the following is one of the six ways of compassionate living?
5. What is the near enemy of equanimity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the three kinds of laziness?
2. What did the cook from Gambo Alley who was miserable see as she walked unhappily?
3. Which of the following qualities is one of the five strengths?
4. How does the author characterize meditation?
5. What is prajnaparamita?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)