|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author compare with the rawness of a broken heart?
2. What is the name of the ship captain in traditional Buddhist stories?
(b) Scholarly Sam.
(d) Compassionate Heart.
3. How many near enemies of compassion are there?
4. Who are the two witnesses that Chodron writes about?
(a) The inner and outer critic.
(b) The male and female.
(c) The self and other.
(d) The teacher and student.
5. How does Chodron define bravery?
(a) Not having self-deception.
(b) Avoiding reactions in relationships.
(c) Loving freely.
(d) Being in the present moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet does the author quote as saying, "If I don't get a vision on Desolation Peak, then my name ain't William Blake."
2. What does the author claim that bodhichitta training unlocks?
3. How does the author claim that aspirations and affirmations differ?
4. What insight did the woman give whom the author mentions is constantly on a diet?
5. What does Chodron write we cannot do without loving-kindness for ourselves?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)