|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chodron, what two things do all those who set out on this path discover that we all have?
(a) Changing emotions and difficulty focusing.
(b) Difficulty in life and diminished hope for the future.
(c) Anxiety and attention problems.
(d) Neurosis and wisdom.
2. How does Chodron define bravery?
(a) Loving freely.
(b) Being in the present moment.
(c) Not having self-deception.
(d) Avoiding reactions in relationships.
3. What does the author call "those who train wholeheartedly in awakening unconditional and relative bodhichitta"?
(b) True yogis.
4. What does Chodron claim we cultivate through making aspirations?
(a) Good health.
(d) Worldly ambition.
5. What happened to the woman who gave a panhandler a bill outside of a store?
(a) Her husband was passing by and saw this.
(b) He told her she may have given him too much.
(c) He fell down and she had to care for him.
(d) He came to her aid when she had a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tendency is comfort orientation based on?
2. What three difficulties does the slogan "train in three difficulties" encourage?
3. What poet does the author quote as saying, "If I don't get a vision on Desolation Peak, then my name ain't William Blake."
4. What does the author recommend that we do with our sorrow?
5. Why are students taught to bow to others and to objects in the Zen tradition?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)