|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chodron suggest we cultivate bravery?
(a) Through conversations with spiritual teachers.
(b) Through aspirations.
(c) Through affirmations.
(d) By trying new things.
2. What will happen if we "stay with" sorrow or pain?
(a) We will have strengthened personal relationships.
(b) We will feel worse.
(c) We will feel lighter and more courageous.
(d) We will understand why we have so many psychological issues.
3. Which of the following qualities is one of the five strengths?
(b) Strong determination.
(d) Hard work.
4. What does the yogi Patrul Rinpche suggest we do to arouse compassion?
(a) Imagine ourselves in the place of someone in pain.
(b) Relax our body in order to feel physically.
(c) Meditate on the feelings of others.
(d) Write letters to our enemies.
5. How many strengths does Chodron count in summarizing Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does tonglen literally mean?
2. What did the mother who wanted to help her heroin addicted son feel during her aspiration?
3. What is lhenchak?
4. What is the near enemy of loving-kindness?
5. What does the author compare to an elderly couple living in a protected community in Florida?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)