|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the four limitless qualities?
(a) Hope, generosity, love, and relaxation.
(b) Loving-kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity.
(c) Change, Suffering, discomfort, and lack.
(d) Material things, ideas, barriers of the self, and barriers of others.
2. What is the traditional aspiration used in formal maitri training?
(a) "My life and my joy is my responsibility."
(b) "There are no problems that I must solve."
(c) "May I create joy in my own life, and rejoice in the happiness that I see in the lives of others."
(d) "May I and others enjoy happiness and the root of happiness."
3. What is the second of the three lords of materialism?
(a) The lord of speech.
(b) The lord of competition.
(c) The lord of work.
(d) The lord of greed.
4. Which of the following does Chodron recommend?
(a) Relax slowly into meditation, and it will be less strenuous on your body.
(b) Do not eat food that will make your mind race.
(c) Remember only positive moments from the past.
(d) Do not expect applause.
5. What aspiration does Chodron recommend to cultivate love and joy?
(a) "May I and others find joy in our circumstances as they are."
(b) "May we all enjoy comfort and joy."
(c) "May I and others never be separated from the great happiness that is devoid of suffering."
(d) "May we never be separated from each other, and in our connection find joy and happiness."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Atisha Dipankara take the bodhichitta teachings?
2. Which answer completes the following quote? "If this process of clear seeing isn't based on self-compassion it will become a process of ______."
3. What relationship does a Buddhist teaching claim that we have had with all others?
4. What does Chodron write we cannot do without loving-kindness for ourselves?
5. What is the far enemy of joy?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)