|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author claim that bodhichitta training unlocks?
(a) Our own deepest needs.
(b) The four limitless qualities.
(c) Our feeling of happiness.
(d) Our innate ability to relax.
2. How many stages does the formal practice of maitri have?
3. What did the Buddha say about our relationship to enlightenment?
(a) Enlightenment can be achieved by everyone.
(b) Only by releasing the goal of achieving enlightenment is it achieved.
(c) We can all achieve enlightenment through the same method.
(d) We are never separated from enlightenment.
4. How does Chondron describe our "fundamental energy"?
(a) As "essentially good."
(b) As "loving and generous at its very core."
(c) As "unpredictable, like a leaf on the wind."
(d) As "tender, wholesome and fresh."
5. What are the three noble principles?
(a) Confess your faults, move toward your fears, and release your expectations.
(b) Meditate, exercise, and rest.
(c) Love, hope, and generosity.
(d) Good in the beginning, good in the middle, good in the end.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author claim that aspirations and affirmations differ?
2. Which of the following does the author warn that meditation can become when meditation practitioners do not pay attention to their negative emotions?
3. What are the four qualities of maitri?
4. What are the four limitless qualities?
5. Which of the following does Chodron recommend?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)