|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the four limitless qualities?
(a) Hope, generosity, love, and relaxation.
(b) Material things, ideas, barriers of the self, and barriers of others.
(c) Change, Suffering, discomfort, and lack.
(d) Loving-kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity.
2. What three difficulties does the slogan "train in three difficulties" encourage?
(a) Meditation, generosity, and good health.
(b) Acknowledging our neurosis as neurosis; doing something different; and aspiring to continue practicing this way.
(c) Not insiting on permanence; loving onself; and loving others.
(d) Not listening to spiritual teachers; feeling superior to others, identifying with material things; and focusing on emotional comfort.
3. What does the author claim Martin Luther King is an example of?
(a) A true teacher.
(b) A truly centered person.
(c) A master warrior.
(d) A person who put love first.
4. What does the author experience after finding her boyfriend "passionately embracing" another woman?
(a) A deep sadness stemming from her unmet need to be loved.
(b) The horror of causing a tragedy after the rush of anger was released.
(c) An inability to release her own emotional energy.
(d) Absolute disgust with another human being.
5. What is Maitri?
(a) Full relaxation.
(b) Deep breath.
(c) A Tibetan term for hope.
(d) Acceptance of ourselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chodron believe that we should do with the emotions related to our experiences?
2. Where did Atisha Dipankara take the bodhichitta teachings?
3. How does the author claim that aspirations and affirmations differ?
4. Which of the following does the author warn that meditation can become when meditation practitioners do not pay attention to their negative emotions?
5. What did Albert Einstein claim was an illusion?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)