|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chodron, what two things do all those who set out on this path discover that we all have?
(a) Changing emotions and difficulty focusing.
(b) Anxiety and attention problems.
(c) Neurosis and wisdom.
(d) Difficulty in life and diminished hope for the future.
2. What does the author experience after finding her boyfriend "passionately embracing" another woman?
(a) The horror of causing a tragedy after the rush of anger was released.
(b) Absolute disgust with another human being.
(c) An inability to release her own emotional energy.
(d) A deep sadness stemming from her unmet need to be loved.
3. Which of the following does Chodron recommend?
(a) Do not eat food that will make your mind race.
(b) Remember only positive moments from the past.
(c) Relax slowly into meditation, and it will be less strenuous on your body.
(d) Do not expect applause.
4. How does the author characterize meditation?
(a) As difficult but rewarding.
(b) As the only path to a life free from suffering.
(c) As a great way to increase productivity,
(d) As simple and fun.
5. What are the four qualities of maitri?
(a) Hope, relaxation, aspiration, and generosity.
(b) Our innate talents, meditation, generosity, and kindness.
(c) Frivolity, materialism, self-absorption, and disinterest in others.
(d) Steadfastness, clear seeing, experiencing our emotional distress, and attention to the present moment..
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chodron, what happens when we consciously try to fix faults in ourselves?
2. What is the compassionate aspiration that the author begins with as she begins to teach?
3. What hope does Chodron write that we should abandon?
4. What does the author compare with the rawness of a broken heart?
5. What made Geshe Chekawa interested in publicizing the lojong slogans?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)