|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call "those who train wholeheartedly in awakening unconditional and relative bodhichitta"?
(a) True yogis.
2. How does Bodhi translate?
(a) As effort or work.
(b) As health.
(c) Awake, enlightened, or completely open.
(d) As dream, hope, and illusion.
3. The author relates the story of a woman who found herself surrounded by people threatening to throw stones. What did she feel in that moment?
(b) Shared humanity.
4. What did the Buddha say about our relationship to enlightenment?
(a) We are never separated from enlightenment.
(b) Only by releasing the goal of achieving enlightenment is it achieved.
(c) Enlightenment can be achieved by everyone.
(d) We can all achieve enlightenment through the same method.
5. What is the first lord of materialism?
(a) Personal style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught that there are three principal characteristics of human existence?
2. What does Chodron believe that the teaching of the three marks of existence can motivate us to do?
3. What does the author cite Trungpa RInpoche as teaching?
4. What does the author claim that sitting meditation cultivates?
5. What is the synonym for sitting mediation used by Chodron?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)