|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught that there are three principal characteristics of human existence?
(b) Mother Teresa.
(d) Martin Luther King.
2. What is the first lord of materialism?
(a) Personal style.
3. What is the synonym for sitting mediation used by Chodron?
(a) Classic relaxation and meditation.
(b) Relaxed meditation.
(c) Easy meditation.
(d) Mindfulness-awareness practice.
4. What advice did the author receive as a six year old?
(a) To care for others in order to make her own life smoother.
(b) Not to listen to advice.
(c) Not to let life harden her heart.
(d) To have a clear mind by avoiding spicy foods.
5. What does the author compare to an elderly couple living in a protected community in Florida?
(c) The relationship between a student and teacher.
(d) The workings of the ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jarvis Jay Master write?
2. What does the author claim Martin Luther King is an example of?
3. What are the three lords of materialism?
4. What does the author cite Trungpa RInpoche as teaching?
5. What is the third lord of materialism?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)