|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chodron's tone in Chapter 15?
2. What ritual did Trungpa Rinpoche teach Chodron could be enjoyed?
(a) Cutting hair.
(b) Making the bed.
(c) Setting the table.
(d) Serving tea.
3. What does Chodron argue happens when we harm others?
(a) We only feel momentary relief from our own struggle.
(b) We also harm ourselves.
(c) We see ourselves in a negative light.
(d) We receive bad karma.
4. What does the author compare to an elderly couple living in a protected community in Florida?
(c) The workings of the ego.
(d) The relationship between a student and teacher.
5. What does the author compare with the rawness of a broken heart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Chodron like us to see about being in a raft that has disintegrated?
2. Which of the following is one of the six ways of compassionate living?
3. What is the near enemy of joyfulness?
4. What is maitri called in the Shamhala teaching?
5. What hope does Chodron write that we should abandon?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)