|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspiration does Chodron recommend to cultivate love and joy?
(a) "May I and others never be separated from the great happiness that is devoid of suffering."
(b) "May we all enjoy comfort and joy."
(c) "May we never be separated from each other, and in our connection find joy and happiness."
(d) "May I and others find joy in our circumstances as they are."
2. How does Chodron define bravery?
(a) Avoiding reactions in relationships.
(b) Not having self-deception.
(c) Loving freely.
(d) Being in the present moment.
3. What does Chodron write that her friend thought when he heard a woman screaming on the street?
(a) "What can I do?"
(b) "I don't care."
(c) "What is happening?"
(d) "Better her than me."
4. How long does Chodron say that cultivating equanimity takes?
(a) "At least until you die."
(b) "Less time than it does to cultivate unhappiness."
(c) "It will take less time if you start now."
(d) "As long as you make it."
5. What is the far enemy of loving-kindness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chodron work with aspirations?
2. In practicing compassion, who is the first person we aspire to feel compassion for?
3. Why does Chodron write that rejoicing in things takes courage?
4. What did the nineteenth century yogi Patrul Rinpiche suggest we do to train in compassion?
5. Where does Chodron write that she got her idea of what was real as she grew up in the 1950s?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)