|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chodron writes that, "All activities should be done with one intention." What is that intention?
(a) To live like today is our last day on the planet.
(b) To act from love.
(c) To realize our connection with all beings.
(d) To live in the present.
2. What is another term for the six strengths?
(a) Six hearts.
(b) Six paramitas.
(c) Six senses.
(d) Six palomitas.
3. Who do we first practice Maitri on?
(c) Our loved ones.
(d) Our enemies.
4. What does Chondron claim is the essence of generosity?
(a) Feeling alone, and moving beyond it.
(b) Letting go.
5. What does the author claim "cannot proliferate" without our thoughts?
(c) Poor relationships.
(d) The humiliation of past mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author claim is the gift of understanding that uncertainty is part of life?
2. What does Chodron argue happens when we harm others?
3. What did the mother who wanted to help her heroin addicted son feel during her aspiration?
4. According to Chodron, what two things do all those who set out on this path discover that we all have?
5. How does equanimity compare with our usual perspective?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)