|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the three lords of materialism?
(a) The lord of greed.
(b) The lord of work.
(c) The lord of speech.
(d) The lord of competition.
2. What helps teach us the four qualities of maitri?
(a) Lessons from our past experience.
(b) Sitting meditation.
3. Who do we first practice Maitri on?
(a) Our enemies.
(c) Our loved ones.
4. What does the author compare with the rawness of a broken heart?
5. What did Albert Einstein claim was an illusion?
(a) Our separateness from others.
(b) The idea of hate.
(c) Our fears.
(d) The universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many near enemies of compassion are there?
2. What ritual did Trungpa Rinpoche teach Chodron could be enjoyed?
3. What insight did the woman give whom the author mentions is constantly on a diet?
4. What is the near enemy of loving-kindness?
5. In practicing compassion, who is the first person we aspire to feel compassion for?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)