|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author claim that lojong slogans or the slogans of Atisha can help us do?
(a) Become a true warrior.
(b) Understand the nature of love.
(c) Learn to meditate in less time than any other method.
(d) Remember wisdom at emotional moments.
2. What is the second of the three lords of materialism?
(a) The lord of greed.
(b) The lord of competition.
(c) The lord of speech.
(d) The lord of work.
3. Where does the title of the book come from?
(a) A quote from Ghandi.
(b) A quote between a teacher and student.
(d) A sacred scripture.
4. How does Chitta translate?
(a) As relaxation.
(b) As love, heart, and affection.
(c) As mind or thought.
(d) As mind, heart, or attitude.
5. What insight did the woman give whom the author mentions is constantly on a diet?
(a) All addictions address the same emotional needs.
(b) Addictions are divided along gender lines.
(c) Addictions temporarily relieve suffering.
(d) Some addictions are widely considered healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chodron write that she got her idea of what was real as she grew up in the 1950s?
2. Which of the following is a near enemy of compassion?
3. What does Chodron write about categorizing things into "for" and "against"?
4. What advice did the author receive as a six year old?
5. What does Chodron write that a woman she knew did in traffic?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)