|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught that there are three principal characteristics of human existence?
(a) Mother Teresa.
(c) Martin Luther King.
2. What is equanimity?
(a) Being sad.
(b) Being happy.
(c) Creating a happy space.
(d) Being okay.
3. Who do we first practice Maitri on?
(a) Our enemies.
(b) Our loved ones.
4. What does the author claim that lojong slogans or the slogans of Atisha can help us do?
(a) Become a true warrior.
(b) Learn to meditate in less time than any other method.
(c) Remember wisdom at emotional moments.
(d) Understand the nature of love.
5. What are the four limitless qualities?
(a) Change, Suffering, discomfort, and lack.
(b) Material things, ideas, barriers of the self, and barriers of others.
(c) Hope, generosity, love, and relaxation.
(d) Loving-kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which does Chodron consider more emotionally challenging: loving-kindness or compassion?
2. What does the author claim "cannot proliferate" without our thoughts?
3. How many steps does the aspiration practice for compassion have?
4. What aspiration does Chodron recommend to cultivate love and joy?
5. Why are students taught to bow to others and to objects in the Zen tradition?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)