|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the woman who gave a panhandler a bill outside of a store?
(a) Her husband was passing by and saw this.
(b) He came to her aid when she had a heart attack.
(c) He told her she may have given him too much.
(d) He fell down and she had to care for him.
2. What does Chodron claim is the most difficult step in any practice?
(a) "Having the guts to experiment."
(b) "Listening to a teacher, and admitting that we do not know our own way."
(c) "Allowing ourselves to begin something new."
(d) "Aknowledging that we are all churned up."
3. According to Chodron, what two things do all those who set out on this path discover that we all have?
(a) Difficulty in life and diminished hope for the future.
(b) Neurosis and wisdom.
(c) Changing emotions and difficulty focusing.
(d) Anxiety and attention problems.
4. What does Chodron believe that we should do with the emotions related to our experiences?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) We should notice the ways in which we can alter our circumstances to make ourselves happy.
(c) Pretend that we feel positive, until it becomes our true feeling.
(d) Become intimate with them.
5. What poet does the author quote as saying, "If I don't get a vision on Desolation Peak, then my name ain't William Blake."
(a) John Billings.
(b) Jack Kerouac.
(c) Anne Sexton.
(d) William Blake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a near enemy of compassion?
2. Which answer completes the following quote? "If this process of clear seeing isn't based on self-compassion it will become a process of ______."
3. What does Chodron write about categorizing things into "for" and "against"?
4. Which of the following is one of the three kinds of laziness?
5. Who is Jarvis Masters?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)