|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chodron write that rejoicing in things takes courage?
(a) Because we have to think consistently about one thing for longer than we are used to.
(b) Because we have to imagine more possibilities for ourselves.
(c) Because we have to create a new story of our lives.
(d) Because we have to drop our complaining.
2. What is lhenchak?
(a) Tibetan for "missed opportunity to feel love."
(b) A Tibetan term for how free-flowing love can go "astray."
(c) An Indian term for "practicality meeting creativity."
3. Which of the following is one of the six ways of compassionate living?
4. Where did Atisha Dipankara take the bodhichitta teachings?
(a) From India to Tibet.
(b) From Tibet to Japan.
(c) From China to India.
(d) From India to Latin America.
5. How many near enemies of compassion are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chondron claim is the essence of generosity?
2. What made Geshe Chekawa interested in publicizing the lojong slogans?
3. What tendency is comfort orientation based on?
4. What are the four limitless qualities?
5. Which of the following does Chodron claim most of us are not satisfied to do?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)