Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Sections 1-12
1. Why did Shonagon say that young herbs peeking through the snow were unexpected near the Palace?
2. Why did the women hit one another with gruel sticks?
3. How did Shonagon describe the life of a priest?
4. Why did the Empress scold Shonagon when she complained that people would see the women looking shabby as they entered the house because the gate was too small?
5. What did Narimasa do in the section titled "When the Empress Moved" that indicated he was attracted to Shonagon?
This section contains 1,179 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)