|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 156-185.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Shonagon say was splendid in spite of their low station?
(a) A Chamberlain of the Sixth Rank.
(b) A Lieutenant of the Guard.
(c) A Governor.
(d) A Middle Counselor.
2. Who came to check on the Empress due to the heavy snow even though it was an abstinence day?
3. What was in the parcel that Yukinari sent Shonagon in "One Day a Man from the Office of Grounds?"
(a) Colored paper.
(b) A robe.
(c) Square cakes.
4. What color did Shonagon say a cat's back should be?
5. Which of these did Shonagon say loses by being painted?
(a) Mountain villages.
(c) Cherry blossoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Shonagon like to sit after a thin fall of snow?
2. What gate at the house of the Senior Steward was too small for the carriage Shonagon and the other ladies rode in?
3. What did Shonagon say gentlemen should always have lest she find them boring?
4. What did stout men strike Shonagon as being?
5. What kind of carriage was supposed to move slowly according to Shonagon?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)