|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 156-185.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weather like in the Seventh Month?
(a) Bitter cold.
(b) Stiflingly hot.
(c) Mild and warm.
(d) Cool and breezy.
2. Who came out of the house to inquire whether or not "Lord So-and-so's" attendants had arrived yet in the section titled "Once When I Was Passing?"
(a) A young boy.
(b) The Empress.
(c) A pretty kitchen-maid.
(d) A cook.
3. Where did the wood for the batons for the new Chamberlains of the Sixth Rank come from?
(a) An abandoned house.
(b) The south-east corner of the Empress's Office.
(c) The Chamberlains cut it themselves.
(d) The woods surrounding the Palace.
4. Which of the following did Shonagon include on her list of presumptuous things?
(b) Foot shuffling.
5. What bird did Shonagon say she liked even though it did not belong to her country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these did Shonagon say loses by being painted?
2. Who brought a Chamberlain who belonged to the Imperial Guard a cup of wine when he brought a message to an Imperial consort?
3. What color was the lute Shonagon saw the Empress holding in the section called "A Group of Senior Courtiers?"
4. What kind of plant did Shonagon find pretty when it floated on the water of a pond?
5. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)