|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 156-185.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pond did Shonagon like best?
(a) A nicely kept pond.
(b) One that was wild and covered with weeds.
(c) A pond with a bridge and flowers.
(d) One with fish.
2. What did Tadanobu say one was always sorry for in "It Was Late at Night?"
(a) Forgetting one's manners.
(b) An inadvertent remark.
(c) Visiting the ladies-in-waiting.
(d) A poorly written poem.
3. To whom did the Emperor pay his respects when he returned from his visit to Yawata?
(b) The Shigei Sha.
(c) The Empress Dowager.
(d) The Empress.
4. What color did Shonagon say oxen's bellies should be?
5. During what festival did people decorate with irises?
(a) The Festival of the Fifth Month.
(b) The Festival of the Third Month.
(c) The Festival of the First Month.
(d) The Festival of the Eighth Month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Empress refer to as "heavenly maidens floating in the air?"
2. What did the High Priestess travel in during the Return Procession from Kamo?
3. What position was the young man in "A Family Has Finally Arranged the Marriage" appointed to?
4. How many attendants helped the Shigei Sha with her ablutions?
5. What was in the parcel that Yukinari sent Shonagon in "One Day a Man from the Office of Grounds?"
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)