|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 156-185.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the poem Captain Tadanobu was going to recite in "One Day Captain Tadanobu, the Imperial Adviser, Came to Call?"
(a) The Fourth Month in this world of men.
(b) Cherry blossoms in the spring.
(c) A beautiful woman looking at the moon.
(d) The Chancellor's death.
2. What dried plant evoked a memory from the past in the section titled "Things That Arouse a Fond Memory From the Past?"
(c) Cherry blossom.
3. What color of under-robe was depressing in the Eighth Month?
4. What was rare in a servant according to the section titled "Rare Things?"
(a) One who was cruel.
(b) One who was pleasant to his master.
(c) One who was well-dressed.
(d) One who was intelligent.
5. What did the Empress give the old nun?
(b) A room to stay in.
(c) A basket of fruit.
(d) One of her own robes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tadanobu say one was always sorry for in "It Was Late at Night?"
2. In the section titled "In the Fifth Month" what kind of branch gave a fragrant scent when stuck in the carriage wheel?
3. What shade of plum blossom brought Shonagon the most pleasure?
4. In "A Lover's Visit," what did Shonagon find irritating about servants who arrived with the lover?
5. What did common people often add to their speech?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)