|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shonagon say a well-bred young man should never do when visiting a woman of lower rank?
(a) Call out her name.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Let anyone see him.
(d) Give her gifts.
2. What was the spirit of the Captain from the Inner Palace Guards said to be haunting?
(a) The Palace.
(b) A path leading to the garden.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A temple.
3. What color were the horses that members of the nobility came to see on the first day of the First Month?
4. Who came out of the house to inquire whether or not "Lord So-and-so's" attendants had arrived yet in the section titled "Once When I Was Passing?"
(a) A young boy.
(b) The Empress.
(c) A pretty kitchen-maid.
(d) A cook.
5. What did Yukinari tell Shonagon he was saying to the woman she saw him speaking with near the garden fence?
(a) He was telling her not to leave.
(b) He was telling her to meet him later.
(c) He was urging her to marry him.
(d) He was telling her he loved her.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Empress was staying in the building of the Empress's Office, what was reported to be in the main room?
2. During what festival did people decorate with irises?
3. In "One Evening during the Reign of Emperor Murakami" what was causing smoke to come from the brazier?
4. What did Shonagon say gentlemen should always have lest she find them boring?
5. What was hung from the pillars of the Empress' palace during the Festival of the Fifth Month?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)