|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what cool month of heavy showers and fierce winds did Shonagon like to nap?
(a) The Ninth Month.
(b) The Seventh Month.
(c) The Fifth Month.
(d) The Third Month.
2. What was Yukinari's title?
(a) Middle Counsellor.
(c) Controller First Secretary.
3. What would make a player in a game of hidden rhymes look pleased with himself?
(a) Finding the concealed character.
(b) A dinner bell before his defeat.
(c) Ending the game in a tie.
(d) His opponent's puzzlement.
4. How did Shonagon say the sky should appear on the fifth day of the Fifth Month?
(b) Brilliantly blue.
5. In "In the First Month When I Go to a Temple" who did Shonagon say she liked to have with her when she visited a new place?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Only servants.
(d) Companions of her own class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these did Shonagon say loses by being painted?
2. How did Shonagon feel about women who lived at home and cared for their husbands?
3. In what month did the peach trees come into bloom?
4. Who wanted Shonagon to teach her the terminology that Shonagon and Tadanobu used to talk in secret?
5. How many women got in the carriage to go hear the hototogisu singing?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)