|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recited the perfect lines at the gathering following the service dedicated to the late Chancellor?
(a) The Emperor.
2. What did stout men strike Shonagon as being?
3. Who did the Empress suggest Shonagon ask for advice about how to respond to the package from Yukinari?
(c) The Emperor.
4. What tree did people regard as the tree of the Divine Presence?
5. In the section titled "In the Fifth Month" what kind of branch gave a fragrant scent when stuck in the carriage wheel?
(b) Cherry blossom.
(c) Plum blossom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
2. What does Shonagon say was depressing for a messenger who brought a gift to a house where a child was just born?
3. What sounded different in the Time Office in "While We Were in Mourning for the Chancellor?"
4. Who did the Empress refer to as "heavenly maidens floating in the air?"
5. In what month did the peach trees come into bloom?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)