|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 100-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section titled "Once When I Was Passing," what color were the inside blinds on the palm-leaf carriage Shonagon described?
2. What does the name of the kotonashi shrub mean?
(a) Shining leaves.
(b) Grass that endures.
(c) High face.
(d) Nothing wrong.
3. What bird did Shonagon say she liked even though it did not belong to her country?
4. What did the Empress give the old nun?
(a) One of her own robes.
(b) A room to stay in.
(d) A basket of fruit.
5. What did Shonagon say a well-bred young man should never do when visiting a woman of lower rank?
(a) Give her gifts.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Call out her name.
(d) Let anyone see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Shonagon's elder brother's name?
2. What was the poem Captain Tadanobu was going to recite in "One Day Captain Tadanobu, the Imperial Adviser, Came to Call?"
3. Who did most people consider as "unimportant as a piece of wood?"
4. In "It Is So Stiflingly Hot," who did the woman in the house with the open lattice receive a letter from?
5. How many women got in the carriage to go hear the hototogisu singing?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)