|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 100-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the bedraggled and injured dog do that convinced Shonagon he was Okinamaro?
(a) Place his head in Shonagon's lap.
(b) Wag his tail at the mention of his name.
(c) Bark at the cat.
(d) Shed a flood of tears.
2. In "Things Without Merit" what item did Shonagon say was so vulgar that people wouldn't want her to mention it?
(a) Rice starch mixed with water.
(b) Blurred ink on fine paper.
(c) Festival rehearsals.
(d) Overcooked seaweed.
3. Who did most people consider as "unimportant as a piece of wood?"
(a) A gardener.
(b) A courtier.
(c) A fishwife.
(d) A priest.
4. What color did Shonagon say oxen's bellies should be?
5. What instrument did His Majesty play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like in the Seventh Month?
2. What terminology did Shonagon and Tadanobu use to discuss men and women when they didn't want anyone else to know what they were talking about?
3. Who said he/she would order the dancers to perform for the ladies-in-waiting after the Special Festival at Iwashimizu?
4. In "On the Last Day of the Second Month," who was present at court that made Shonagon worry about her response to the note she received at the Black Door?
5. Where did the Empress live after the Chancellor's death?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)