|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 100-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tree's blossoms did Shonagon consider prosaic and vulgar, but later changed her mind about?
(a) Pear tree.
(b) Peach tree.
(c) Cherry tree.
(d) Orange tree.
2. Where did Shonagon like to sit after a thin fall of snow?
(a) In the Empress's bedchamber.
(b) Under a warm pile of blankets.
(c) Beside a pond in the garden.
(d) Around a brazier on the veranda.
3. Which of the people associated with ox carts were to be dressed well?
(a) Stable hands.
4. What did Lord Akinobu say he had picked with his own hands?
(c) Fern sprouts.
5. What kind of carriage was supposed to move slowly according to Shonagon?
(c) Horse drawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did the Empress give the wet nurse who was leaving?
2. What plant did Shonagon think made an "uncommonly pretty" design on figured silk?
3. Where did the women plan to go to hear a hototogisu sing during the Abstinence of the Fifth Month?
4. What was the poem Captain Tadanobu was going to recite in "One Day Captain Tadanobu, the Imperial Adviser, Came to Call?"
5. According to Shonagon, what can't be compared to rain?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)